windows bio password creacking in laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I am using for laptop in dell 5570.

I forget my bios password so, please give me suggestion how to reset or remove it.

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:26 PM Not a "TechNet Wiki Discussion" question
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:37 AM

Answers

• Well, I only know this from DELL desktops. There's a certain jumper, which you can remove, then start up the pc and enter BIOS without needing to use any password. Though I dunno what it was called and how it looks like in a laptop and also, I don't even know if there's one in the laptop aswell.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

Need any links for images like CodeBlock? Go here.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Jumper is called PSWD and it works on Optiplex desktops.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:14 AM
  • This forum is for questions/discussions about the TechNet Wiki, so your question is in the wrong forum. If the replies so far don't help, you may need to ask in a Dell forum. Or, you can ask in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum, such as the following:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/hardware?tab=QnA&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&tm=1375975400965

I cannot move this question into that forum, so you will need to ask again.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• Well, I only know this from DELL desktops. There's a certain jumper, which you can remove, then start up the pc and enter BIOS without needing to use any password. Though I dunno what it was called and how it looks like in a laptop and also, I don't even know if there's one in the laptop aswell.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Jumper is called PSWD and it works on Optiplex desktops.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:14 AM
  • This forum is for questions/discussions about the TechNet Wiki, so your question is in the wrong forum. If the replies so far don't help, you may need to ask in a Dell forum. Or, you can ask in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum, such as the following:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/hardware?tab=QnA&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&tm=1375975400965

I cannot move this question into that forum, so you will need to ask again.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:26 PM