Frequent Vista Home Premium 64-bit OEM Edition Validation and Serial Key Issues Along with Many Misc. Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Some time over a year ago, I built a new PC which to run Windows Vista with. I purchased all of the parts needed and a copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OEM Edition (For System Builders) on Newegg. It wasn't until much later in which I begun to truly understand and work with Vista and it's differences between all the other previous Windows operating systems. When it comes to computers, electronics, and technology, I have always been a guru of sorts and follow all the latest news and information when it becomes available. I've used Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, MSDOS, Linux, multiple Macintosh OS's, and two of the Windows 7 Beta releases. I know all about PC hardware and software installation and repairs, Windows OS Troubleshooting, Wired and Wireless Networking Setup/Repair/Tweak, all there is to PC gaming, various programming and code, (HTML, DOS, Flash, and a bit of C++, Java, etc.) and many more things which I could list.

To sum it up, I am very knowledgeable when it comes to everything there is to know related to computers.

Anyhow, there are still many fields which I am unfamiliar with or have not mastered, and there are many issues which I suffer with that are most likely near impossible or at the least, extremely difficult to fix for even the most knowledgeable professionals in the related field.

The issues which I am informing you of now are NOT related to the information which I just previously discussed. I have been haunted with Windows Vista constantly telling me that, "This copy of Windows is not genuine" and "This copy of Windows is not Activated." When I attempt to activate Windows through the standard methods of either clicking on the link in the Control Panel -> System -> Windows Activation area or opening "slui.exe 4" in the Start -> Search box, I receive the following error:

Title of pop-up box - Windows Activation

An error has occurred

You can also contact Microsoft by phone to help resolve this problem. (This is in blue hyperlink text)

Under Details:

Code:
    0xC004E002

Description:
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the license store contains inconsistent data.

Now the reason I talked about my computer having issues which may be near impossible to fix, possibly have to do with this issue. I believe my PC and the other PCs on my network have been hacked a long time ago, even before I built and started using this PC. How do I know? When I go through the files of my Windows, System32, SysWOW64, and other various folders, I pick up on code being used to log into my PC, impersonation of the administrator, password attempts, security audits being manipulated, my programs and device drivers constantly manipulated, tasks manipulated, Windows updates and just about everything being manipulated, and I see data, files, and code which either report that my CPU is an AMD processor and I am running Windows Server 2008, Windows NT, Windows CE, Windows PE, (PE shows up in MANY files when I try to decode the language) and I even see many x86 files. There is just so much ____ on my computer that has nothing to do with my hardware or software configurations. I believe there are hackers who are using some type of Virtual Machine software and basically using my PC and internet bandwidth for their own selfish reasons. No software firewalls, antivirus programs, windows updates, service packs, hardware firewalls, antitrojan programs, or any program that can stop this from happening. It's not as simple as a virus in my computer or a trojan installed which is letting people inside, it's a method which I'm sure Microsoft knows about which has made Windows vulnerable for many years and has kept silent about it since they can not stop it, and the only people which can really do anything about it are probably only advanced computer programmers which have had previous employment in big companies or are involved with the creation of major software or hardware of the past or present.

I believe my files don't contain the correct data due to manipulation by hackers which causes these issues to occur. I have tried many of the suggestions posted on the forum with no luck. What is even stranger is the fact that this issue has come up and then simply vanished numerous times on random occasions. I am exhausted from dealing with this BS and hope I can get some real help and answers which can actually solve my problem.

Of course, I have read the stickied post about what to do before posting a question. My version of Vista is completely legitimate and I have never once gave out my serial key or used it on multiple PCs. The only computer this key and copy of Vista have been installed and used in is my own PC which I am using right now as I type. I have ran the diagnostics program and have copied the data which is required below:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-BRTT6-BB4HY-WWG92
    Windows Product Key Hash: 1zOmdpwFSgJlCqrHDxPHVyGJcXE=
    Windows Product ID: 89583-OEM-7359731-34255
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {DBF71716-C0EA-4CAE-88FD-13A27A1DDA0C}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{DBF71716-C0EA-4CAE-88FD-13A27A1DDA0C}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WWG92</PKey><PID>89583-OEM-7359731-34255</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-858177404-2425160295-440285807</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer INC.</Manufacturer><Model>P5N-T DELUXE</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS P5N-T DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1501</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20090805000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>DE313507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>US Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(820, 9) (null): 0xC004E002

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: NAAAAAIAAwABAAEAAgABAAAAAQABAAEA6GGk4qxlOYCsOwZ7kgCQ2Dg0je/y9IqvjHbMMQ==

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes, but no SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            Nvidia        ASUSACPI
      FACP            Nvidia        ASUSACPI
      HPET            Nvidia        ASUSACPI
      MCFG            Nvidia        ASUSACPI
      SSDT            Nvidia        ASUSACPI

Please help me ASAP and even go the extra mile to inform me of the truth and solution behind all my problems, but I don't expect that to happen in my entire lifetime or even Microsoft's entire life span. Seriously though, you guys at Microsoft need to get in line and start creating a realistic solution of fighting hackers and intrusion protection, rather than making the public feel like Windows offers a safe and secure environment in which the only methods of their privacy being invaded is due to the user's own fault by downloading an unknown file or reading email from an unknown source. Lucky enough the vast majority of your customers don't know anything about the problems I discuss, so the chance of Microsoft going bankrupt is about 0%. I don't hate Microsoft, but there is definitely a lot that is missing. I don't need to be A+ certified and have a degree in a computer field to do the same exact job as a Microsoft employee which already has these qualifications.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hello DevilsKnight,

There is nothing wrong with your Vista's Product Key (I assume that is what you meant by "serial").  The Problem was there is damage to your Windows that needs to be repaired. 

It has been a very long time since this thread was created and it is difficult to keep track of a thread which is over a year old. I am locking this thread and I suggest that if you are still having a Non-Genuine issue that you create a new thread and post a up-to-date Diagnostic Report so we can see the current state of your Windows and troubleshoot from there.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 3, 2010 10:55 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 10:52 PM

All replies

• Try the following procedure:

1) Open an Internet Explorer browser window.

2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.

3) Find the file CMD.exe

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'

5) Type: net stop slsvc  (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)

6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing

7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

8) Type: cd %windir%\system32

9) Type net start slsvc

10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

11) Restart your computer twice.

12) You may be required to Re-Activate. Use the Activate by Phone method as outlined here:

You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

6. Afterward, visit
    Genuine Microsoft Software and click on Validate Windows, then restart your computer.

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:34 PM
  • Sorry for the text screwup, it somehow copied yours when I was going over the steps. On step 9, I cannot go any further, receiving an error and told the system cannot find the file. I have copied and pasted the entire process in the CMD window for you to view.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop slsvc
    The Software Licensing service is stopping.
    The Software Licensing service was stopped successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\M
    icrosoft\SoftwareLicensing

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLice
    nsing>rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLice
    nsing>cd %windir%\system32

C:\Windows\System32>net start slsvc
    The Software Licensing service is starting.
    The Software Licensing service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 2 has occurred.

The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Windows\System32>net start slsvc

Monday, November 30, 2009 4:11 AM
  • Hello DevilsKnight,

First off, the fact that you were able to Stop the service suggests that it was running, so try rebooting, the Service is (by default) set to run at startup.  You can then complete the rest of the steps.

Please Note: System Error 2 is usually associated with over zealous Free Registry Cleaners found out on the internet.  The Registry Cleaner  sometimes will delete the Reg Entry that tells Vista where the slsvc.exe file is located and so Vista can't run something it can't find.

At that point, if you were to try to restart the service, you would get System Error 3.

Sometimes either the user or the software itself, realizes that it deleted a needed registry entery and will "restore" the entry beck again but does it incorrectly and the Entry is malformed. This is what causes the System Error 2 message.

If you still have issues with starting that service, please see the main forum page (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads) and click on the Announcement titled "Fix for 'Software Licensing Service has Stopped' on Vista 64bit systems" for the fix for that issue.

Hope that helps,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by DevilsKnight Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:31 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:51 PM
  • I don't receive any email notices when there is a reply to this thread. I forgot about this original thread I posted which is the reason it has taken me so long to respond back a second time.

I evaluated the Software Licensing Service file, SLsvc.exe and found the following information which looks to have some importance .

C:\Windows\System32\SLsvc.exe

Application

Microsoft Software Licensing Service

File Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Size: 2.46 MB (2,582,016 bytes)
    Size on: 2.46 MB (2,584,576 bytes)

Created: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 3:02:23 AM
    Modified: Saturday, April 11, 2009, 12:10:35 AM
    Accessed: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 3:02:23 AM

The file size seems quite odd to me and looks way to large.

When viewing the security permissions/audits I noticed the following:

Permissions

Type    Name                   Permission                 Inherited From

Allow    TrustedInstaller    Full Control                <not inherited>
    Allow    Administrators      Read & execute         <not inherited>
    Allow    SYSTEM               Read & execute         <not inherited>
    Allow    Users                  Read & execute          <not inherited>

Auditing

Type              Name                  Permission       Inherited From

All                 Everyone              Special             <not inherited>
    Success         Administrator        Full control        C:\
    Success         Administrators       Full control        C:\
    Success         DevilsKnight          Full control        C:\

Owner

Current owner: TrustedInstaller

When I attempt to start the service Software Licensing through Services.msc, I receive the message:

Windows could not start the Software Licensing service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80070002: The System cannot find the file specified.

When I try to start or stop the service through a command prompt, I receive the following:

C:\Windows\system32>net start slsvc

When I attempt to do Carey Frisch's procedure above, I cannot get past step 5 or even step 6. As I have proven below:

nsing>rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

I have tried everything listed on this thread, everything listed in the stickied threads, many other suggestions online and on these forums and everything from the Announcement "Fix for 'Software Licensing Service has Stopped' on Vista 64bit systems" thread. I haven't rebooted my PC since saving the .reg file created in notepad from the thread, so that may be a possible solution. I think the file SLsvc.exe security audits are causing errors such as these due to "TrustedInstaller" having full access and ownership to the file, and the Administrator account having only Read & execute permissions.

^ This is an example of what I believe to be either the work of a "hacker" or a Virus, Trojan, etc. If you guys at Microsoft could give me your input and opinion on what you truly think or know, please tell me.

If I am having security issues such as constant Intruders invading into my PC and my network, what is a realistic solution to solving this problem? Can you please answer this question along with the original questions?

Also, I don't use any "Registry Cleaner" programs.. I DO use CCleaner which has a registry cleaner type program available in it, but it does not find and/or delete files like the "Registry Cleaner" programs which you are talking about. It just deletes registry files which are linked to uninstalled or deleted files, programs, etc.

So yeah, why am I still having this issue even after going through all of your "fixes" and "solutions"? I also still can't even get Aero to run and haven't for years. I have an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB PCI-E x16 2.0  (G92) Video Card and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Edition and well above all the required hardware needed to run it, but it is almost as if the Aero files were modified and corrupted by an unknown source.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:12 PM
  • Hello? Over a month and still no answer? I am still suffering from this issue of Windows Vista telling me my copy is not genuine. I can not download or install any Windows Updates, my background is constantly black, and there are other issues that occur due to this problem.

Is no one responding because you simply do not know how to fix it? What's the deal?
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:57 AM
  • This last post was made on Wednesday, February 17, 2010.  Am curious if you found a solution.  You have much more knowledge than me regarding everything other than window's OS's.  Do you ever mess with the registry yourself? Maybe you should try.  Beforehand though find out what files are in the registry at the start and take a snapshot of it to reference.  The way i learned about windows was messin with it.  Playing in the registry, crashing systems.  lol it's a good way to learn for free.  I have similar hardware that i build from everything purchased from newegg.com too except i have vista ultimate 64 bit.  Something that stood out to me is the reference to AMD and x86.  Those are perfectly normal to see and all intel based machines that are 64 bit will have those references, TONS of them.  Many files and folders and what not.  AMD was the first to create 64 bit and intel was the first to create 32 bit.  Because most companies are have not delved into the 64 bit age, and we are in it, you run 32 bit software of which a 64 bit machine is totally capable of.  Windows vista had problems with drivers because of the signing stipulation. 

Have you looked into it might being a bug with the Home Premium version.  I have absolutely no problems and I haven't used virus protection, anti spyware software and usually dont use firewall.  I turn it on when i'm going to do a little digging or research.  I dont use internet explorer and i set my browser to be my security.  ultimate edition 64 bit lets you choose security for every little thing which i'm teaching myself about now.  Try turning off your search options in google or use a private browsing session and search for info that way, change up the way you search, like search words, use someone else's words.  I find that to be very effective in finding out new things i wouldn't find because i'm using the same old search routine.  Think outside the box.  Dont rely on microsoft.  Truely we can only fix things ourselves in this world

I remember different versions of vista especially 64 bit being rather buggy with many different scenarios.  I was glad i chose vista even over the ____ security everything options. 

Monday, July 5, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Reply to tazethemonkey:

"This last post was made on Wednesday, February 17, 2010.  Am curious if you found a solution."

No. Microsoft has not given me a working solution. I have been using Ubuntu instead.

" You have much more knowledge than me regarding everything other than window's OS's.  Do you ever mess with the registry yourself? Maybe you should try."

It's possible that my posts made it seem to you that I am some type of newbie with Windows based Operating Systems, but the truth is I am far from it. Of course I use reg edit..

" Something that stood out to me is the reference to AMD and x86."

I've used custom built AMD PC's many times in the past. I know the difference between the x64 and x86 enviornment for operating systems. There was just an unusually large amount of files that I have not witnessed at such a high degree before (talking mostly in total file size). I am talking about 6+ GB here...

Truth being, I know most of what has been said in this thread has nothing to do with the actual solution and issue. The problem is directly related to Microsoft. Please explain to me how my original Vista DVD and Serial Number always worked flawlessly, would undergo the Microsoft validation and genuine methods and always inform me that my copy of Vista was legitimate, then over two years later I am suddenly told that my original copy of Windows is not legitimate, that my serial number is invalid and most likely an illegally obtained key, then I have a few days or however long the time limit is until I am forced to format and reinstall Vista, just to go through the same BS again?

I mean Christ, you are speaking to me like I am completely incompetent and know nothing about anything. You aren't exactly in a position to make assumptions and just automatically assume you know more than I do. I mean f***, trying to pass off the most basic and commonly known knowledge that even a person who has never even used a computer before in their life to ME as technical advice is effing hilarious!

Ugh, man the thing is you don't even realize how ignorant you are about all this. I would recommend you to talk to me in maybe ten years if you can successfully become somewhat knowledgeable about all of this. At least by then you may be able to offer advice to people that is not completely worthless.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:30 AM
  • To Microsoft and the Moderators:

Inform me of whom I have to contact within Microsoft to have them renew my serial so I can use Vista again. I have all the proof needed and still have everything which originally came with the purchased copy. I have the receipt, the hard cover, the manual, the DVD, the serial number sticker... Do I really need to say more? Just please actually reply to my posts and tell me exactly whom I need to contact within Microsoft (detailed information, such as name, phone number, position..) who has the authority to reestablish my legitimate copy of Vista back to it's original, working condition. Send me both an e-mail and replies to this thread as soon as possible with the correct information. Microsoft has all my contact information including my home phone number (I sometimes receive calls from various employees about the beta testing I have done for them). I have a Microsoft Live account along with an Xbox Live Gold account they can look at for my contact information if for some reason they are having any difficulties. I will be actively viewing this thread and my e-mail inbox so I will be able to view and respond to any questions you may have for me. I realize your job at Microsoft is to just answer basic technical questions over the internet. Since you work for Microsoft, you will be able to send me in the right direction to who I need to speak with in order to finally solve this. I would appreciate it greatly if you can provide me with the real solution. Hope to hear from you soon.
    • Marked as answer by DevilsKnight Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DevilsKnight Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:32 AM
  • Hello DevilsKnight,

There is nothing wrong with your Vista's Product Key (I assume that is what you meant by "serial").  The Problem was there is damage to your Windows that needs to be repaired. 

It has been a very long time since this thread was created and it is difficult to keep track of a thread which is over a year old. I am locking this thread and I suggest that if you are still having a Non-Genuine issue that you create a new thread and post a up-to-date Diagnostic Report so we can see the current state of your Windows and troubleshoot from there.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 3, 2010 10:55 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 10:52 PM