Allowing user to access CRM using web browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have just started learning Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I am able to access CRM using the user account which has the domain administrative account. But I am not able to access CRM through browser with normal domain user. I have created two more contacts in CRM. And want to access CRM with these newly created user account.

Please guide me how to allow other domain user to access the  CRM.

Thanks for help.

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:03 AM

Answers

• You need to add them as users under Settings -> Administration -> Users (you mentioned you created contacts - this is not correct).

you also need to provide them with a role for the systme - leaving them without a role will not allow them to access CRM (you will see "security roles" under each user).

If you have done all this and you are still unable to access please post the error message you are receiving.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

You need to Create User and not Contact in Ms Dynamics CRM in order to access CRM site through that user (Add new User from Settings -> Administration -> Users).

Additionally you need to provide minimum Rights to that user to access Ms Dynamics CRM website, in order to do this you can assign Security Role to this User.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:27 AM

All replies

• You need to add them as users under Settings -> Administration -> Users (you mentioned you created contacts - this is not correct).

you also need to provide them with a role for the systme - leaving them without a role will not allow them to access CRM (you will see "security roles" under each user).

If you have done all this and you are still unable to access please post the error message you are receiving.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

You need to Create User and not Contact in Ms Dynamics CRM in order to access CRM site through that user (Add new User from Settings -> Administration -> Users).

Additionally you need to provide minimum Rights to that user to access Ms Dynamics CRM website, in order to do this you can assign Security Role to this User.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:27 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.It helped me. Now I am able to access CRM website using different user credentials.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:45 AM

• Thanks for the reply.It helped me. Now I am able to access CRM website using different user credentials.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:45 AM