Update progress via PWA after due date RRS feed

• Question

• If a PM update the progress of a project  via PWA after the due date (make it 100% done), it still keep the default finish date, and not the actual finish date.

I know that the best practice is to update via project professional desktop client, and in that case we can update the actual finish date, but I am looking for a workaround for people who have access to PWA only, and they need to update their overdue tasks.

What do you recommend for this case?

Thanks…

Bahram

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• Bahram,

I believe you can create a view in PWA where they can input their actual finish date for the work.  You could call it the PM Gantt view and when they select it you would list % comp, Task name, start, finish, actual finish (you can include actual start if you want), predecessor, resource or whatever else you'd like to show. 

Another option is to have them do these updates via Outlook and make sure they include the actual finish date which then should come over during the sync. 

Are you baselining your plan?

Donald R. Landry
    • Marked as answer by B.D Monday, November 15, 2010 7:01 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:17 PM

All replies

• Bahram,

I believe you can create a view in PWA where they can input their actual finish date for the work.  You could call it the PM Gantt view and when they select it you would list % comp, Task name, start, finish, actual finish (you can include actual start if you want), predecessor, resource or whatever else you'd like to show. 

Another option is to have them do these updates via Outlook and make sure they include the actual finish date which then should come over during the sync. 

Are you baselining your plan?

Donald R. Landry
    • Marked as answer by B.D Monday, November 15, 2010 7:01 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:17 PM
  • Donald-

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, we do have baseline, and we are running Project server 2007 SP2.

Some of our PMs only have an access to PWA, and they update their tasks/marked 100% done with going to My Task, and not all of them use outlook.

I added the actual finish date column to the My task, and they can update the actual finish date if it passed the due date and is 100% done.

In this case it also has effect on my finish date, and both my finish and actual finish are same. 

I think I got my answer.

Thanks..

Monday, November 15, 2010 7:08 PM