none
Is the new recognition system actually working? RRS feed

• Question

• According to this FAQ on the new recognition system, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx#_Recognition_System achievement points are given based on a number of different scenarios.  One of those scenarios is Forum Posts and you can see a bronze achievement issued after 1000 post, silver after 5000 posts and gold after 50000 posts.  Are these actually being awarded as I have nearly 6000 posts and still don't have the bronze or silver.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: http://mrwharty.wordpress.com/
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Moved by Ming Ma Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:53 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    • Moved by Ed Price - MSFTMicrosoft employee, Owner Monday, October 17, 2011 10:21 PM (From:Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, May 30, 2011 1:22 AM

Answers

• It is not yet implemented, except in a very limited way. Some people are getting bronze achievements for entering their profile, or contributing to the Gallery. I believe they have not yet decided how to convert existing posts, answers, and/or points. The graphic in the page you linked is probably a proposed example. Note the graphic mentions posts, not points. You have nearly 6000 points, not posts. I checked, and at least in the TechNet forums, no one is even near 50,000 posts. The people I know to be the most active, with the most posts, answers, and points, have no achievement points as yet (or maybe one bronze point for updating their profile). I have seen no silver or gold at all. We all need to wait for details when this is finalized. We have no idea how existing posts, answers, and/or points will be converted.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Monday, May 30, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Brent, the owner of the Forums, will be sharing more on the integration of Forums to the new Recognition system in the coming weeks. Watch for information, likely here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/announce/threads
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• It is not yet implemented, except in a very limited way. Some people are getting bronze achievements for entering their profile, or contributing to the Gallery. I believe they have not yet decided how to convert existing posts, answers, and/or points. The graphic in the page you linked is probably a proposed example. Note the graphic mentions posts, not points. You have nearly 6000 points, not posts. I checked, and at least in the TechNet forums, no one is even near 50,000 posts. The people I know to be the most active, with the most posts, answers, and points, have no achievement points as yet (or maybe one bronze point for updating their profile). I have seen no silver or gold at all. We all need to wait for details when this is finalized. We have no idea how existing posts, answers, and/or points will be converted.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Monday, May 30, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Thanks Richard

Jeff Wharton
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Brent, the owner of the Forums, will be sharing more on the integration of Forums to the new Recognition system in the coming weeks. Watch for information, likely here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/announce/threads
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Thanks Sean.
    Jeff Wharton
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:21 PM