Things I'd like to see RRS feed

• General discussion

• Apologies if any of these are repeats:

1. The ability to download a whole folder or subfolder without synchronising.
    2. The ability to only synchronise a subfolder with certain devices.
    3. The ability to see the live desktop as a normal folder structure in windows explorer and operate on the files without synchronising to the local device. In other words treat it as a network folder.
    4. Drag and drop between live desktop and local file system.
    5. A more obvious way of specifying where to sync folders to.
    6. By default it would seem more sensible to put them in documents rather than on the desktop (possibly the default location could be made an option).
    7. More space - personally I'd be happy to pay for  this just to store/backup my photos.
    8. Image thumbnails in live desktop.

I just want to say I'm very impressed overall with this and I think with a few tweaks you are onto a winner here. The most important thing I think is to make it easy and seamless to use - so the mesh just feels like an extension of the PC. My second big concern is safety - I'd be nervous about accidentally deleting anything on one pc and finding it deleted on them all - this needs some serious thought...

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:28 AM

All replies

• If you haven't already done so, add the list to the Wish List thread. The Live Mesh team is keeping a tally of requests and suggestions from this thread: Sticky: Live Mesh Wish List
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:27 PM