none
Live Mail will not install

Question

• Although I have no trouble installing other Windows Live Essentials, I find it impossible to install Windows Live mail.  When I click the Windows Live for the first time, a small window comes up saying it is installing.  Then another comes up saying it is configuring Live mail.  However, it shortly disappears and the installation fail at this point.  If I click on the Live Mail startup icon again, I get the same result.

I have tried the following with no success:
         Uninstalling Live Mail.  Also tried uninstalling all live programs
         Ran a special Microsoft app to remove an older beta version of Live Essentials

My OS is Vista 64 bit home premium.  I'll be upgrading to my free upgrade to Windows 7 soon.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: PLEASE INFORM MICROSOFT THAT THE SEARCH ENGINE LINKS IN BING AND GOOGLE DIRECT PEOPLE TO AND OLD BETA VERSION SITE OF LIVE ESSENTIALS.  ONE HAS TO HUNT AROUND FOR A WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER SITE TO FIND AN INSTALLER THAT INSTALLS THE NEWEST VERSIONS.  PLEASE TELL MICROSOFT TO CORRECT THIS.  THANKS.

P.S.  There is no Live Mail forum shown under Windows Live forums, only Live Writer.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:11 PM