none
Dictation in Outlook 2019 does not work, get unable to create MicrophoneRecoClient RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Does this issue happen on other Office applications? Such as Word..

Please go to your OWA and try the dictation to confirm it is working?

Besides, please refer to the suggestions in thie article and see if it helps.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

I'm getting the same error with Word 2019, "unable to create MicrophoneRecoClient"

My USB microphone is installed correctly, no error, I did the dictation training exercice with no problem.

My mic is working fine with other apps.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:02 AM
  • I could never get the Start one to work. (Green Arrow) Came up with that Microphonerecoclient error. 

I was able to get past this by using the dictate option. (Orange Arrow). That works. 

Microphone always worked in other programs.  (Word etc.) 

• Edited by Tom Henz Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:10 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:09 PM