Getting original windows 7 home premium RRS feed

• Question

• I had bought a hp probook laptop with an Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium OS. However after few months, the laptop crashed and I was unable to recover it from the recovery partition as it didn't work. HP Support said that they dispatch CDs only if the problem occurs within 90 days of purchase.

Now I am forced to run a pirated copy of windows 7 home premium. I tried activating it using the same product key and it worked. However, I am told that pirated ones have malware, so I wanted to know if there's anyway to get the original windows 7 home premium CD ? Can they send it and ask me to pay for shipping ? or can the original windows 7 can be downloaded from MS website ?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:37 PM

Answers

• You should be able to purchase recovery disks from hp. here is some info:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00810334

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Now I am forced to run a pirated copy of windows 7 home premium. 

No one forces you to use a computer much less run pirated software.  That is your choice.  You also chose not to make the recovery disks yourself when you first received the new computer.

You can still get the HP recovery software for a fee (shipping, handling, materials, etc.)  from either HP or third parties like Recovery-Disks.com.  You cannot download an OS from Microsoft unless you purchase it from the Microsoft Store.

Pirated copies don't automatically have malware.  It has happened, though.  However, you will begin to get non-genuine notifications from the OS and you will not be able to download Microsoft optional software and updates. 

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:49 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You should be able to purchase recovery disks from hp. here is some info:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00810334

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Now I am forced to run a pirated copy of windows 7 home premium. 

No one forces you to use a computer much less run pirated software.  That is your choice.  You also chose not to make the recovery disks yourself when you first received the new computer.

You can still get the HP recovery software for a fee (shipping, handling, materials, etc.)  from either HP or third parties like Recovery-Disks.com.  You cannot download an OS from Microsoft unless you purchase it from the Microsoft Store.

Pirated copies don't automatically have malware.  It has happened, though.  However, you will begin to get non-genuine notifications from the OS and you will not be able to download Microsoft optional software and updates. 

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:49 PM
    Answerer