How do we get WHS 2011? No distributors have it. I want to get it and put it on hw for my customers. RRS feed

• Question

• Very bad distribution model.  How do we get OEM so we can resell it?
    Chris Smith
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:26 PM

All replies

• Would be a good start to post where you are from - since the forums are international.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Chris

Can I assume that this is you:

The Tech Doctors, Inc. · 213 W. Wesley St. · Suite 104 � Wheaton, IL 60187 · info@tech-doctors.com
    Office (630) 588-8325 · Fax (630) 517-4152 · Toll Free (866) 993-0686

If so, the three big US distributors (Amazon, NewEgg & Tiger Direct) all have it in stock - problem solved. Or are you talking hardware suppliers?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:57 PM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:56 PM
  • How about in Canada? i haven't had any luck finding it up here. All my vendors say it's not available yet to us.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:17 PM
  • How about in Canada? i haven't had any luck finding it up here. All my vendors say it's not available yet to us.

Search this Forum. That question has been asked before and answered.

OK, did it for you - here:

Canadian Distributor
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Friday, June 24, 2011 9:15 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:43 PM
  • Those aren't distributors, Ingram, Tech Data and D&H are distributors.  Part numbers aren't posted and MS is not really working hard to help here.
    Chris Smith
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Those aren't distributors, Ingram, Tech Data and D&H are distributors.  Part numbers aren't posted and MS is not really working hard to help here.
    Chris Smith

Why did you feel the need to change your original post and then respond in the way you did? They may not be distributors by your definition but they distribute the following to anyone who can be bothered to ask:

Manufactured by: Microsoft
    Mfg Part No: CCQ-00128

Might I suggest you evaluate your choice of "Distributor" more carefully rather than coming here and complaining

Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:15 PM
  • Windows Home Server 2011 should be available in two channels: OEM (which means you purchase a hardware/software bundle) and system builder, which means you purchase software only for installation on hardware you (or your clients) provide. The major difference is number of units you sell, but I couldn't tell you what that number is, so you'll have to reach out to your partner contact at Microsoft.

The major difference is that OEMs will provide support for OEM servers. You (the system builder) will provide all support for systems you build. If you need support from Microsoft, it will be available as part of your normal partner agreement, which typically means some number of free incidents per year, and after that you will pay per incident.

Tech enthusiasts normally purchase system builder software from NewEgg, Amazon, etc. If you want to see it carried by e.g. Ingram, you will have to talk to Ingram and convince them so they can make it happen.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Friday, June 24, 2011 12:39 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 12:39 AM