none
Angular design pattern RRS feed

• Question

• First I'd like to say I'm very thankful that Microsoft has put so much effort into delivering tools to make my life easier.  But with that said, the changes sometimes are very large and trying to find documentation on what the best way to do things will a lot of time time show up as an old design pattern.

What I'm looking for is the current design pattern recommendation for Angular / MVC and a tutorial of how it works.  I'm wanting to switch from straight MVC to Angular.  I've found at least 3 patterns out there but not sure what the recommended/current pattern is?

Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• What I'm looking for is the current design pattern recommendation for Angular / MVC and a tutorial of how it works.  I'm wanting to switch from straight MVC to Angular.  I've found at least 3 patterns out there but not sure what the recommended/current pattern is?

From what I know, Angular uses the MVC UI design pattern. What 3 patterns are you talking about?

Friday, February 1, 2019 7:58 PM

• From what I know, Angular uses the MVC UI design pattern. What 3 patterns are you talking about?

I've found three different ways to structure typescript with Angular with locations, naming mechanisms, etc... being different for each way.  The newest one I found (VS2017) which I'm using is completely different, but it was a video demo and there was no detail in the structure or reasoning.  So I'm looking for the most current method of working with Angular/Typescript/MVC.
    Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:17 PM

• From what I know, Angular uses the MVC UI design pattern. What 3 patterns are you talking about?

I've found three different ways to structure typescript with Angular with locations, naming mechanisms, etc... being different for each way.  The newest one I found (VS2017) which I'm using is completely different, but it was a video demo and there was no detail in the structure or reasoning.  So I'm looking for the most current method of working with Angular/Typescript/MVC.

https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/angularjs-forms-bootstrap-mvc5

There are other Angular using ASP.MVC courses you can take at Pluralsight. The $39 monthly subscription fee may be worth it to you.

However, your post is off-topic concerning C# issues. I suggest that you post to the ASP.NET MVC forum about Angular.

https://forums.asp.net/

Saturday, February 2, 2019 4:40 PM