How to change display language of Windows 7 family premium RRS feed

• Question

• Is posiblity to change my display language to my laptop ?? My grandfather bought it in FRANC and OS display language is in Franc , how can i change it in ENG or I most format it ??
    cabo
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:33 PM

Answers

• There isn't any easy way to do it properly, I'm afraid.

You could Upgrade it to Ultimate, and then use the MUI options.

or

You could see if your OEM has an English recovery disk set which you could use to reinstall the system - which would require backup and restore of all data, and post-installed applications.

or

You could reinstall the system using an English Win7 Home Premium Retail disk, but using your COA Product Key - this has the disadvantage of requiring you to rinstall all the OEM drivers and software manually (if it's available in English!)

There are a coupl of hacks which are possible, but they WILL lead to problems down the line with validation.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 20, 2010 11:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by kick boy Monday, December 20, 2010 11:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:28 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:20 PM
  • "kick boy" wrote in message news:916f41a1-2604-4e62-a54e-18cb9e58651e...
    Hmmm i thing better choose is to reinstall the sistem because i have some problems with HDD (C: and D:) ,but where can i finde Win 7 home permium in ENG disk(official trailer )?? ,,,,I have a lot of hacked versions but i want to use it legal
    cabo

Ask around - you'd need either a Retail Home Premium, or an OEM System Builder disk for English (NOT an OEM's System Recovery disk, unless it's actually for your make and model of computer). Either should be hologrammed. The disks of themselves are generic, so you can make your own copy once you've found it.

As I said, the best option would be to contact the manufacturer, and see if they can provide a set of recovery disks for your machine in English. If they do have such a set, then it shouldn't cost too much.

--

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:06 AM

All replies

• There isn't any easy way to do it properly, I'm afraid.

You could Upgrade it to Ultimate, and then use the MUI options.

or

You could see if your OEM has an English recovery disk set which you could use to reinstall the system - which would require backup and restore of all data, and post-installed applications.

or

You could reinstall the system using an English Win7 Home Premium Retail disk, but using your COA Product Key - this has the disadvantage of requiring you to rinstall all the OEM drivers and software manually (if it's available in English!)

There are a coupl of hacks which are possible, but they WILL lead to problems down the line with validation.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 20, 2010 11:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by kick boy Monday, December 20, 2010 11:59 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Hmmm i thing better choose is to reinstall the sistem because i have some problems with HDD (C: and D:) ,but where can i finde Win 7 home permium in ENG disk(official trailer )?? ,,,,I have a lot of hacked versions but i want to use it legal
    cabo
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:28 PM
  • "kick boy" wrote in message news:916f41a1-2604-4e62-a54e-18cb9e58651e...
    Hmmm i thing better choose is to reinstall the sistem because i have some problems with HDD (C: and D:) ,but where can i finde Win 7 home permium in ENG disk(official trailer )?? ,,,,I have a lot of hacked versions but i want to use it legal
    cabo

Ask around - you'd need either a Retail Home Premium, or an OEM System Builder disk for English (NOT an OEM's System Recovery disk, unless it's actually for your make and model of computer). Either should be hologrammed. The disks of themselves are generic, so you can make your own copy once you've found it.

As I said, the best option would be to contact the manufacturer, and see if they can provide a set of recovery disks for your machine in English. If they do have such a set, then it shouldn't cost too much.

--

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:06 AM