One contact for multiple accounts and have multiple owners of contact RRS feed

• Question

• WHat is the best way to associate one contact to multiple accounts, and make the contact visible under "my contacts" to multiple people?  Would this be to create a new relationship and then share the contacts?  Also, how do you differentiate a vendor from a customer in CRM and if they are both?
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:13 PM

Answers

• This look like you need to create new N:N relation between account and contact....

With this relation you can assoicated any contact with multiple accounts and of course with this you can also mutiple contact can associated with one account...

you can also put this relation to show in right hand side with your custom name...(for e.g. in your case my contacts in account screen and my accounts in contact screen)..

regarding, how do you differentiate a vendor from a customer in CRM and if they are both? few thoughs..

1. you can have relation type field (pick list / drop down) which you can update on account so if account is customer then you set this relation to customer and account is vender you can set this to vender ..

you can also add Customer & vender as option and selec this if account is both..

2. create new entity called relation type and have 1:N relation with account...so you can create relation type records as customer, vender and then add them in to account depending on current account status..

Hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:02 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• This look like you need to create new N:N relation between account and contact....

With this relation you can assoicated any contact with multiple accounts and of course with this you can also mutiple contact can associated with one account...

you can also put this relation to show in right hand side with your custom name...(for e.g. in your case my contacts in account screen and my accounts in contact screen)..

regarding, how do you differentiate a vendor from a customer in CRM and if they are both? few thoughs..

1. you can have relation type field (pick list / drop down) which you can update on account so if account is customer then you set this relation to customer and account is vender you can set this to vender ..

you can also add Customer & vender as option and selec this if account is both..

2. create new entity called relation type and have 1:N relation with account...so you can create relation type records as customer, vender and then add them in to account depending on current account status..

Hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your response.  I am still learning about how to properly setup relationships.  So since Contacts is already an entity, how would that work if I created a Custom Contact Entity?  Would I remove the current contact entity?  Also, what type of behaviors do I setup on the relationship?  Thanks so much for your help!
    Friday, October 8, 2010 3:15 AM