Using workflow to convert multiple Leads to Contacts - how to handle picklist attributes? RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a workflow to enable conversion of multiple leads to contacts at once. The workflow has two steps: create contact; change lead record status to Qualified.

In the first step to create the contact record from the lead record, I can easily use the form assistant to load simple text contact attributes with values from lead, e.g., First Name is loaded with {First Name(Lead)}. But the form assistant will not allow me to do something similar for a picklist field, for example Address Type, which I want to load with {Address 1: Address Type(Lead)}. When I click in the form on the address type field, the form assistant does not show any attributes in leads that can be used as a dynamic value for this.

So... any suggestions how I can use a workflow to create a contact from a lead, and have it handle picklist fields?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

You can create custom action using Visual Studio. Sample .

Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Thanks Andriy.

I do not have the skills to write my own custom action. I am curious, since the convert lead option through the CRM GUI handles the transfer of data in picklist fields why this is not possible when setting the properties of the workflow step that creates a contact record from a lead record to do the same.

Does anyone know of an existing plug-in that has been created for a "convert lead" workflow step that I could reference as a starting place and add my custom attributes?

Friday, June 11, 2010 5:16 PM