How can i install (run) softwares on window home server RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install some software onto my IBM server running WHS so that I could run software directly from the server via network. (i.e. AutoCAD, Office etc.)
    I'm wondering if this is possible as I couldn't find any related topics.

currently I am using the server as a network storage,
    Also, the WHS provide file duplication and I was wondering if anybody could kindly tell me where to retrieve the duplicate files, or if possible briefly lecture the duplicate file feature.
    thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:35 PM

Answers

• I want to install some software onto my IBM server running WHS so that I could run software directly from the server via network. (i.e. AutoCAD, Office etc.)
    I'm wondering if this is possible as I couldn't find any related topics.
    You can do this by connecting to the server using remote desktop (on client do start, run, type mstsc.exe and hit enter. You can then install and run most software. Please note this is not supported, not allowed according to the WHS EULA and you risk messing up your server by doing this.

You can not install stand alone software packages on the server and then run them from the client.

currently I am using the server as a network storage,
    Also, the WHS provide file duplication and I was wondering if anybody could kindly tell me where to retrieve the duplicate files, or if possible briefly lecture the duplicate file feature.
    thanks in advance.
    Please read Drive Extender. More background info overhere

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:22 PM