Issues With SSRS custom reports in MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created  a custom ssrs report for opportunity entity. The opportunity entity have two  custom picklist fields(optionsets) called product type and status. So in my reports it displays  only the guid of the picklist fields  it not displaying the values .

That is some thing like this        Product Type

72D445G56-3566-7B59-374673648 

How to display the values instead of getting guid?

Krishn Prasad Shetty

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Answers

• optionsets hold numeric int values. They do not store Guid. Guid is only used for lookup type of atrributes. You always need to design reports based off the filtered views available for each crm entity system or custom. In filtered view you would always find a column named attributename+name, this provides the display name for the fields. It is available for picklists as well as lookups. HTH Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think, you should write simple SQL on custom report, in SQL you can use any columns from FilteredView. and I am sure FilteredView provides a column for associated Display text.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:44 PM
  • optionsets hold numeric int values. They do not store Guid. Guid is only used for lookup type of atrributes. You always need to design reports based off the filtered views available for each crm entity system or custom. In filtered view you would always find a column named attributename+name, this provides the display name for the fields. It is available for picklists as well as lookups. HTH Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:23 AM
  •  Hi  Sam  .. Thanks for your reply...

Krishn Prasad Shetty

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Hi... Bhautik    .. Thanks for your reply...

Krishn Prasad Shetty

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:40 AM