Is it possible to combine the Sync Framework with the Entity Framework? RRS feed

• Question

• Before I start (re)designing my app, I would like to know beforehand: is it possible to compbine the sync framework with the Entity Framework? We are planning to use SQL Server only (for now).

Are there any known issues?

Thanks for your reply.

Bart

Bart Roozendaal, Sevensteps
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:26 PM

Answers

• Bart,

The Sync Framework works directly with the databases, basically using ADO.NET.
    Your application will read/write from the database using Entity Framework from the local database.
    So the two frameworks are used completely independently and next to each other, I do not foresee any issues.

Rudi

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:00 PM

All replies

• Bart,

The Sync Framework works directly with the databases, basically using ADO.NET.
    Your application will read/write from the database using Entity Framework from the local database.
    So the two frameworks are used completely independently and next to each other, I do not foresee any issues.

Rudi

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for you reply. Even thought I have implemented our classes using XPO at the present moment, I will start an investigation on this. It would be so beneficial if we could indeed combine the two.

I will need it soon though, so I hope EF4 will be out before my release date.

I will let you know about the progress in this thread, but it will take some time.

Bye,
    Bart

Bart Roozendaal, Sevensteps
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:28 AM