URGENT upgrade issue from 3.0 to 4.0 ::The login already has an account under a different user name. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have this major issue with upgrade to 4.0 its says:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed.
    The login already has an account under a different user name.

I use administrator account and its a member of group Domain admins.

19:17:18|  Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The login already has an account under a different user name.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseUtility.ExecuteSql(InstallDatabase database, String sql, Int32 timeout)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller.Helpers.GrantDboAccess(String user)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction.GrantAccess(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.DatabaseInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Install(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Run()
    19:17:18|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Failed.
    19:17:18|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Setup did not complete successfully.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed.
    The login already has an account under a different user name.

The one who can help me, will get a beer 100% i will ship it 2 you if i have to :-)

Saturday, July 31, 2010 5:26 PM

Answers

• SOLVED:

We logged into SQL Server Management Studio and looked at the Security Logins for the MSCRM and METABASE databases. We saw that there was a login for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and CRM01$. Since SQL and CRM were on the same machine, those two accounts were essentially the same. We deleted the CRM01$ login and schema for CRM01$ from both databases. Once removed the CRM installation completed successfully, and we were able to access the application and view the data.

• Marked as answer by iCRM Sunday, August 1, 2010 1:32 PM
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 1:32 PM

All replies