Data Migration Manager questions for 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I install and obstensively connect to our brand new (no data except users and organizations) CRM 4.0 deployment, but when I attempt to load the CRM Data Migration Manager, it crashes after configuration (which it goes through just fine with no errors) just after it says; "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.DMWizard.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for any inconvenience."

Looking at the error, it's non specific Kernel32.dll error which is of no help what so ever. 

I am local admin on my machine, the version on my machine and the server match at 4.0.733.3 and both recieve updates just fine.  The version of SQL 2005 on my machine (the upload machine) and the SQL version on the server are also excatly the same, the only difference being that the one on the server is 64 bit and the desktop is 32 bit.  No matter what I do, it keeps crashing this way.  I have uninstalled, dumped the local database and reinstalled the whole thing 3 or 4 times now with the same result. 

I do not have CRM client loaded on the upload desktop, and I have no other apps running.  I have tried turning off the firewall and virus software thinking it might have caused a problem, but that's not it either. My ststem exceeds the minimum requirements for the applications to run and is also running it's own version of SQL 2005.

Has anyone had trouble with the CRM Data Migration Manager version 4.0.7333.3? 

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:11 PM

Answers

All replies