Microsoft Certification - Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Client

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7

Exam 70-680 

Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

Exam 70-685

TS: Windows 7, Configuring

I need to do MCITP Certification, to start with for desktop administration. The above exams are to be taken up.

But im not very sure what exam to start with?

What is the meaning of TS and PRO in the exam title?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

like you would guess: The TS exams are normal MCTS exams. The Pro (professional) exam is the last step to become a MCITP/MCPD. You can take both of them as the first exam (because the Pro exam doesn't require a MCTS exam before), but I would recommend that you start with the TS exam and if after passing it you should go for the Pro exam.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:12 PM
    Answerer
  • You have to take (and pass) BOTH 70-680 and 70-685 to earn the MCITP - Enterprise Support Tech on Win7.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

like you would guess: The TS exams are normal MCTS exams. The Pro (professional) exam is the last step to become a MCITP/MCPD. You can take both of them as the first exam (because the Pro exam doesn't require a MCTS exam before), but I would recommend that you start with the TS exam and if after passing it you should go for the Pro exam.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:12 PM
    Answerer
  • You have to take (and pass) BOTH 70-680 and 70-685 to earn the MCITP - Enterprise Support Tech on Win7.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer