none
Bluetooth 2.0 connection - allow device to connect prompt RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the 32feet dlls oon a win 7 PC to connect to my BT 2.0 device.

I'm setting it up as a serial port ... using the following code :

Dim dev As New BluetoothDeviceInfo(device.DeviceAddress)
    Dim state As Boolean = True
    dev.SetServiceState(Bluetooth.BluetoothService.SerialPort, state, True)

and this works .. however when I then try to access it via the com port windows prompts me "A bluetooth device is trying to connect" is there any way to eliminate this windows prompt.

If i add the device from the windows stack it seems to add correctly ( there is no pin required), then I can access it from the com port with no issues ( there no further windows prompt asking me to allow it to connect.)  ... but if i do this pro grammatically i get the prompt  - what am i missing  ?

all suggestions would be most helpful, including alternative ways of doing this using VB.net.

thanks

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You'd better put your question on here instead of MSDN forum: https://github.com/inthehand/32feet

They know it better than here.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Thanks for your repsonce,

I've seen the 32feet github  site , but cant seem to find any place to post the question,

could you send me a link to where i could post it ?

thanks

Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:56 AM
  • @Bgengine,

Try posting on here:

https://github.com/inthehand/32feet/issues

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 1:19 AM