Why am I not getting my product key? RRS feed

• Question

• I got my first warning that I had a counterfeit copy of Windows XP on Sunday May 7.  I sent in an order for the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP Pro that same day.  I got an email saying I would get my new Product Key via email in up to 10 days, depending on payment confirmation.

On the evening of Thursday May 18, I called the 866 number in the email and talked to a pleasant young man named Frank, who looked up my order and said that it had not gone through because the street mail address I had provided was "not valid."  (This is the same street mail address at which I receive mail on a daily basis.)  He said he would have someone put the order through manually and that I would receive my product key "within 24 to 48 hours."

Well, it's been more than 48 hours and I'm still waiting.  Anyone know what is going on?

Rusty

Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:42 AM

Answers

• Rusty61:

I would suggest calling the 866 number you have again.  We don't have any control over the ordering and distribution of the product or product keys here in the forums group.

Thanks,

Greg

Monday, May 22, 2006 3:29 PM