Firewall blocking GtCC.exe from Accessing the Internet RRS feed

• Question

• GtCC.exe is a program in the One Care folder. When I launched my PC, One Care asked if I wanted to allow the program GtCC.exe to access the Internet. Is GtCC.exe a One Care program or a virus or spyware?
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• It is part of OneCare, but it should be automatically allowed access. Please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, February 16, 2008 3:53 AM
  • This same notice from Firewall came up this morning upon booting up computer. The firewall is asking me to Allow GtCC.exe.

I have not yet called support.  The basic online support had no info on this.

I chose to block and have it ask me again, till I find out what is going on.  Calling One Care support can be frustrating because first level techs,  often do not have up to date, specific  information about a  issue like this.

I am wondering if this issue is going to be an epidemic and if I am going to be getting many calls on this.

Friday, March 7, 2008 12:26 PM
  • I hope not, rialcnis. Let us know what transpires in your case.

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:28 PM
  • I will report back when I  have time to call support and when I  can find out whats happening.

dc

Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:41 AM

• I'm encountering the same behavior for about a week now.  Here's the scenario and a question:

• Upstairs machine running Windows Vista and WLOC (hub)
    • Downstairs machine running Windows XP and WLOC
    • For about a week, WLOC on the downstairs machine asks if I want to allow gtcc.exe to access the Internet
    • No such behavior on the upstairs/Vista machine.
    • I've been clicking "block now, ask later"
    I've checked and the file sizes/locations of gtcc.exe appear to be the same on each machine.  Additionally, when WLOC on the XP machine asks about gtcc.exe it indicates that the publisher of the program is Microsoft.

I then located gtcc.exe on the XP machine and checked the digital signature -- gtcc.exe does appear to be signed by Microsoft.

So, is that enough evidence to safely allow me to tell WLOC on the XP machine to allow gtcc.exe?

I can provide some screen shots if anyone wants to see the publisher/digital signature check.

Tnx...David

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:19 PM
  • gtcc is indeed a part of OneCare. I don't know what it is used for, though, and I don't know why OneCare on your machine is not automatically allowing it. Go ahead and allow it.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:50 PM
  • just to confirem we are receiving the same GTCC.exe message/error.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:12 PM
  • Are you blocking or allowing it?

Is your Firewall set to *always* prompt for any program requiring network access?

-steve

Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:22 PM
  • GtCC

I keep getting message that GtCC has stopped working.  This message usually come up in twos, after I click OK it comes up for 2nd time.

Any idea why this is stopping functioning??

Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:32 PM
  •  peteruk56 wrote:

GtCC

I keep getting message that GtCC has stopped working.  This message usually come up in twos, after I click OK it comes up for 2nd time.

Any idea why this is stopping functioning??

My suspicion would be either a corrupt OneCare install or a conflict with other software running on your PC. I recommend contacting support, peteruk56.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, November 14, 2008 1:47 PM