OneCare crashing issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• UPDATE 12/26/07.

Thanks to all who have submitted logs for the team to analyze. An update is expected shortly to resolve most of these issues (no, I don't know the schedule -steve) with additional updates over the next month or so to resolve more of them.

If you have not been contacted for additional information, your original submission contained enough information in the logs to help pinpoint the causes.

At this time, if you are still experiencing this problem, please contact support for assistance.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

---------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

With 2.0 release, we have found that some customers have experienced an issue where OneCare does not start up post reboot. 

The symptom for this problem are

a) Post reboot the green onecare icon in system tray does not show up.

b) If you try to launch OneCare from the menu, it will exit with an error message.

On OneCare team's behalf I apologize to customers who have encountered this issue and  assure you that we are doing our best to find the root cause and fix this issue.

{deleted text}

Once again, I apolgize to customers who have hit this issue.

Thanks  a lot

Neeraj Garg

Program Manager

Microsoft Corporation

Friday, December 7, 2007 11:11 PM