Setting up WHS for remote web access RRS feed

• Question

• OK, here's the situation.

I purchased a domain from GoDaddy since it is one of only two domain registrars that seems to be accepted by WHS.  This has been registered for over a week now.

I tried using the domain registration wizard in WHS but it keeps telling me that "Your domain name is not available to set up until the domain name transfer finishes."  There was no transfer, it was an original domain name.  GoDaddy tells me that it has been populated to whatever databases are needed to see the domain.

If I click through and try to store the domain info anyway, I get to a screen that asks for a user name and pwd which does not seem to be accepted (I am assuming this is the GoDaddy UID/pwd).

What I am looking to do is be able to log in to my WHS system when away from home (I travel a lot) and access a single source file instead of making/syncing copies.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

At the “Store your domain name information” screen, you are asked to enter the credential of GoDaddy.

I recommend you to check link below and confirm that you have finished the necessary process of configuring RWA(including purchasing domain name from GoDaddy):
    http://windowsserveressentials.com/2011/07/15/setting-up-remote-web-access-on-sbs-2011-essentials-part-1/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the problem persists, please provide the screenshot of the error message.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:11 AM
  • I use GoDaddy and I use them as my info. I point to my WHS address and it works so I can get to DScruton.com which is on my homeserver. Port 80 is blocked by my ISP so I forwarded port 81 on GoDaddy. If you need specifics just ask.
    Friday, November 20, 2015 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

At the “Store your domain name information” screen, you are asked to enter the credential of GoDaddy.

I recommend you to check link below and confirm that you have finished the necessary process of configuring RWA(including purchasing domain name from GoDaddy):
    http://windowsserveressentials.com/2011/07/15/setting-up-remote-web-access-on-sbs-2011-essentials-part-1/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the problem persists, please provide the screenshot of the error message.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:11 AM
  • HI 

My windows Home server remote access does not recognize the domain I set up in Go Daddy.

The login and password are considered wrong by the wizard.

Obviously I can access with the login and password to godaddy.com and everything is nominal.

I notice the problem  4 weeks ago. No solution has worked so far.

I tried even to delete the entry in the registry ( via REGEDIT) I found some link pointing to that in the past. But the problem stays.

I am afraid some change was introduced on how the security part  

• Edited by AlfioM Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by DScruton Friday, November 20, 2015 7:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by DScruton Friday, November 20, 2015 7:26 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:00 AM
  • I use GoDaddy and I use them as my info. I point to my WHS address and it works so I can get to DScruton.com which is on my homeserver. Port 80 is blocked by my ISP so I forwarded port 81 on GoDaddy. If you need specifics just ask.
    Friday, November 20, 2015 7:29 PM