Livenode, is it still working? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Just got back home after a weekend away, and I wanted to show some people my 'HomeServer' page that I've got set up on my *********.livenode.com etc.

Didn't matter what I did I could n't get it to come up. So when I got home, I checked the server and router (all OK). Anyway I rebooted both, but now I can't get tomy webpages. The configuration tab on the remote seetings page goes through it checks and tells me that my server will not allow remote connections anymore.

I've got no idea why this has happened and I can't find anyway to get that functionality back. Anyone else had problems with livenode lately?

Cheers

Tim

Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:01 PM

All replies

•  TimDelbaere wrote:

Hi All,

Just got back home after a weekend away, and I wanted to show some people my 'HomeServer' page that I've got set up on my *********.livenode.com etc.

Didn't matter what I did I could n't get it to come up. So when I got home, I checked the server and router (all OK). Anyway I rebooted both, but now I can't get tomy webpages. The configuration tab on the remote seetings page goes through it checks and tells me that my server will not allow remote connections anymore.

I've got no idea why this has happened and I can't find anyway to get that functionality back. Anyone else had problems with livenode lately?

Cheers

Tim

Tim

Try unconfiguring your Domain and the Set it up again.

If it still does not work post the complete results of the test.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:06 PM
  • I had the same problem yesterday and assumed their system was down. I then tried again a little later to reconfigure the settings in the console and found out that Microsoft has now issued us with a ***.homerserver.com logon which you can use instead of the livenode.com if you want to. I chose the new option and it is working perfectly.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

Livenode.com was for the beta testing, homeserver.com the new domain for WHS web hosting whom like to use it, your old domain will transfer t ohoeserver.com.

Also, some name words filter been apply with the new domain (homeserver.com), so that maybe the issue as well.

Last, maybe it dns issue with your ISP if you can not get to the domain homeserver.com, you can you try this:

Remote desktop to your whs server, open IE, then in Tools - Security - Trusted Site - Sites - add this:

http://208.99.195.35
    https://208.99.195.35

My best.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:58 PM
  • Hi All,

It can't be the livenode/homeserver bit as I've not got the option to choose a Homeserver domain as I only came to the WHS party just after the start of Auust and missed the cutover date.

I can ping homeserver.com from a cmd window, but can't ping livenode.com from my main client PC.

Tim

Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:47 PM
  • Livenode.com addresses were just for beta testing purposes only. They will be decommissoned soon. You should unconfigure the livenode domain name that you have and re-register to get your homeserver.com domain name.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, as I said in my post, homeserver.com the domain to be used.

The info been post here:

HomeServer.com

My best.

Update: sorry Tom, did not see your reply when I was posting.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:57 PM
  • Quote from the post linked by abobador;

"Any future domain names registered with either the Release Candidate (RC) build or the Windows Home Server 120-day Evaluation edition will be registered as livenode.com domains and will not be transferred over to HomeServer.com.  All new domain names registered with the RTM version of Windows Home Server will be using HomeServer.com starting today."

Has this been changed? It says that you have to have RTM to register for a new Homeserver.com address.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 10:32 PM
  • I've contacted the Remote Access team, and I'll try to get to the bottom of this.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

It's the RC version that I'm using. As I said before, I only got a copy sometime in August and I missed the transfer cutoff date by about a week. When I go through the domain setup bit, there ISN'T a HomerServer in the dropdown list only Livenode.

I probably will get the released version, but I'm still trying to get it to work how I want at the moment, so it will be a in a month or so. It's only part time I can get back to play around with WHS.

Thanks anyway.

Tim

Monday, September 10, 2007 5:54 AM
  • Hi Abobader,

Those two sites are for some Cursivecode sites, is that correct? Why would I want them added to my trusted sites?

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:44 AM
  •  TimDelbaere wrote:

Hi Abobader,

Those two sites are for some Cursivecode sites, is that correct? Why would I want them added to my trusted sites?

I was about to add them to my Trusted Sites, also. And wondered the same.

Monday, September 10, 2007 12:08 PM
  • Hi All,

Still no luck in getting this all working again. I can ping ********.livenode.com from a cmd window and get normal response, and I can ping another livenode.com address OK as well, but I still can't browse to it.

On another thread, someone mentioned having problems after he had installed ASoft AutoExist, which I had just installed. Tonight I thought I'd un-install it to see if it made a difference. Only problem is if I try to un-install either of the two add-ins the WHS just stops and hangs requiring a reboot. (Not good).

The two add-ins I have a re AutoExit and Whiist, both of which I can't now un-install.....

ARGH.....

Tim

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:54 PM
  •  RonRock wrote:
     TimDelbaere wrote:

Hi Abobader,

I was about to add them to my Trusted Sites, also. And wondered the same.

hm....both homeserver.com and cursivecode.com resolve to 208.99.195.35.  wierd

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:04 PM
  • Yep, just tried pinging them, both using the same numbers. How wierd.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:19 PM
  •  

Used RC installation fine for months - moved to RTM code now can't sign into LIVE ID, when creating web site ....  very strange - any feedback - please ?

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:01 PM
  • I see from looking at the cursivecode website that MS are clients of cursivecode.

Or certainly that seems to be the intimated, looks like the reviewers guides for MS hardware from the screen shots.

http://www.cursivecode.com/clients.asp?cid=30

Regards,

Andi

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:54 PM
  • I signed up for a livenode site about a week ago and mine is still working.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:52 AM