Backups incomplete are UEFI hotfix 2781272 RRS feed

• Question

• After adding the UEFI hotfix 2781272 to my WHS 2011 server backups of my Windows 7 Pro are not completing. It will back up the C & D drives but no longer backs up the E drive which are mirrored 1TB drives that I have all of my data stored. It was working fine before the hotfix but since the patch no good. I have removed the machine from the backups on the server and removed all of the backups and reinstalled the connector software several times, but still no good. I have run the chkdsk on the drives and no errors are found. The drives are hpfs formated and show healthy. The last time I performed the removals the E drive does not even show up on the list of drives to backup. Before I remove the hotfix, which MS does not recommend, I figured I check if help can be found here. Any help would be great, thanks..

Richard

• Edited by rmalizia Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:12 AM correct fix number
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:46 PM

Answers

• OK understood. Sounds like the best plan to at least isolate the cause of the problem.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by rmalizia Monday, January 27, 2014 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Was not able to get WHS 2011 to see the mirrored drives even after removing the hot fix and any other patches that were installed at the same time. I am geeting around the issue by using True Image to backup the drive to the server. Go figure.

Richard

• Marked as answer by rmalizia Monday, January 27, 2014 4:59 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 4:59 PM

All replies

• Not heard of this problem previously so can't offer a solution. Questions: Why did you install the Hotfix in the first place? Are you sure that the Hotfix is the cause of the problem - no other changes?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:17 AM
  • I added t he hotfix because i got an 8.1 tablet and was getting an error when I ran the backup there. When I investigated on the forums, all pointed to the UEFI BIOS issue and when i did the hotfix I can backup the main drive on the tablet but the SD card will not backup or show up even to be selected. That is when I saw the Win 7 machines backup were incomplete. Thinking more an more I should just retore to before the hotfix and see if I at least can backup the Win 7 machine completely.

Richard

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:49 PM
  • OK understood. Sounds like the best plan to at least isolate the cause of the problem.

• Marked as answer by rmalizia Monday, January 27, 2014 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Was not able to get WHS 2011 to see the mirrored drives even after removing the hot fix and any other patches that were installed at the same time. I am geeting around the issue by using True Image to backup the drive to the server. Go figure.

Richard

• Marked as answer by rmalizia Monday, January 27, 2014 4:59 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 4:59 PM