USB drive formated on install RRS feed

• Question

• When I connected my USB drive to WHS, and added it to the server storage list, if formated the USB drive with no warning!

It would be nice to have a warning about this, so if you have data on the usb drive, you can move it prior to the install.

Todd
    Monday, September 7, 2009 3:24 PM

All replies

• When I connected my USB drive to WHS, and added it to the server storage list, if formated the USB drive with no warning!

It would be nice to have a warning about this, so if you have data on the usb drive, you can move it prior to the install.

Todd

There should be a warning.  Are you sure you didn't miss it?  You might try removing the drive from the storage pool, then adding it back to the storage pool again and see if it's there.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 5:53 PM
  • I did that, and there is no warning.

I thought I missed it.
    I would hope that Microsoft would fix this issue.

If I had known, I would not have let it format the drive as I had important info on it.

Todd
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:35 AM
  • I did that, and there is no warning.

I thought I missed it.
    I would hope that Microsoft would fix this issue.

If I had known, I would not have let it format the drive as I had important info on it.

Todd

As I said, that's not normal.  I would recommend you file a bug report on Connect.  You can find detailed steps on how to do that by clicking on this link and reading the first post (even though it says for Windows 7, the same steps for filing a bug report still apply).
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:34 AM