Connector Software failing after entering Server password RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Vail Server for about 3 months now.  I was able to connect 2 computers (1 vista ultimate and one win7 ultimate - both 64bit).  Everything has been working great.  I was adding another computer this week and the connector software would not load.  Gave me an error after entering the Server password (timed out) ,<An unexpected error has occured.  To resolve this issue, contact the person responsible for your network>

I am able to RDP from all computers and also access via remote access (https//remote.XXXXXXXX.net).

Also I noticed on the Vista computer that there was an error message (on the server) that stated that there has been no back up since June 26.  Tried to re-run connector software but it gives the same error.  I can however access this computer remotely through the server remote access.  Strangly when I RDP to the server it shows the vista computer in the "computers" list but shows it as "offline".

The original windows 7 computer has remained connected and still functions properly.  Launchpad works, it is recognized on the server, shares are visable, I can access through remote access, etc.

Any help will be appreciated

Bill

Friday, July 23, 2010 6:20 AM

Answers

• I have been using Vail Server for about 3 months now.  I was able to connect 2 computers (1 vista ultimate and one win7 ultimate - both 64bit).  Everything has been working great.  I was adding another computer this week and the connector software would not load.  Gave me an error after entering the Server password (timed out) ,<An unexpected error has occured.  To resolve this issue, contact the person responsible for your network>

I am able to RDP from all computers and also access via remote access (https//remote.XXXXXXXX.net).

Also I noticed on the Vista computer that there was an error message (on the server) that stated that there has been no back up since June 26.  Tried to re-run connector software but it gives the same error.  I can however access this computer remotely through the server remote access.  Strangly when I RDP to the server it shows the vista computer in the "computers" list but shows it as "offline".

The original windows 7 computer has remained connected and still functions properly.  Launchpad works, it is recognized on the server, shares are visable, I can access through remote access, etc.

Bill

Have you installed anything from the server desktop (you mentioned remote.xxxxxx.net for your website, when it should actually be xxxxxx.homeserver.com)?  If not, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 8:44 PM

All replies

Bill

Have you installed anything from the server desktop (you mentioned remote.xxxxxx.net for your website, when it should actually be xxxxxx.homeserver.com)?  If not, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 8:44 PM
  • Nope have not installed anything in the last 3 months since activating the Vail server.  Didn't know you could use <server>.homeserver.com with vail.  I just routed one of my addresses to the home server.  Vail lets you do this through the wizard as long as you used one of the listed companies (I use Godaddy).

Thanks, I will file a bug report

Bill

Monday, July 26, 2010 4:01 AM
  • Well just to see if the computer I still had connected would reconnect, I uninstalled the connector software.  Then tried to re-install and connect but it gave the same error at the others.  Never did figure it out.

Re-installed vail server OS and now all can connect.  Did not change anything else.

Monday, July 26, 2010 4:41 PM