Cannot connect to server, server will not connect to the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the evaluation copy of windows home server.  I worked great,  backed up all 4 of the computers in my office.   I purchased the software and did a "reinstall." 

Now, I cannot get the server to connect to the internet or my office network.  I can see all the backups, all data seems to be intact.  The server connect software cannot connect to the server.  Yes all computers and server are connected via ethernet.  I have rebooted and tried the connect software on all computers.  I tried to do a reinstall of the driver software, however I received a message that the driver was not compatible with the windows software. 

Very frustrating.  Worked perfectly on the evaluation copy, but not on the factory disk.

This a new computer with an ASUS P5G41-MLE/CSM motherboard.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:57 AM

All replies

• I installed the evaluation copy of windows home server.  I worked great,  backed up all 4 of the computers in my office.   I purchased the software and did a "reinstall." 

Now, I cannot get the server to connect to the internet or my office network.  I can see all the backups, all data seems to be intact.  The server connect software cannot connect to the server.  Yes all computers and server are connected via ethernet.  I have rebooted and tried the connect software on all computers.  I tried to do a reinstall of the driver software, however I received a message that the driver was not compatible with the windows software. 

Very frustrating.  Worked perfectly on the evaluation copy, but not on the factory disk.

This a new computer with an ASUS P5G41-MLE/CSM motherboard.

I assume the NIC wasn't recognized during the OS reinstallation, right?  Are you using Windows Server 2003 drivers (or, if not, at least XP drivers)?  Is there a question mark or exclamation point next to the NIC in Device Manager?
    Monday, August 2, 2010 4:14 AM