Meeting Requests VS Appointments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

Sorry if this post might be duplicate or even sound lame. I just found this Forum and work with CRM Dynamics for over a year, even though not as a technical or implementation person. My question is simple and perhaps the answer is already out there so please bear with me.

When a user creates a normal meeting request from Outlook, filling in the "To:" field with the desired participants (let's say for e.g. internal and clients), he will then typically select either the "Set Regarding" or the "Track" function, usually depending if the meeting refers to a single client (in this case Set Regarding) or broader but still to be pushed to CRM (in this case Track).

The issue I am facing is when after the meeting has finished, when our sales team members come back to CRM to provide the feedback, if they do it in the original Meeting that was created, all participants might receive the feedback, which is not desirable at all.

Is there any obvious and standard way of overcoming this? The immediate way I found was to make users create a second activity post-meeting of type "Appointment", which doesn't need for any participants, where the sales person can then input the feedback. However, this means extra manual work and kind of duplication in terms of activities.

I'm running MS Dynamics CRM 2011 (5.0.9690.3448) for MS Office Outlook with Offiline Access (5.0.9690.3739)

Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Antonio

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:47 PM