CONNECTING AN XBOX 360 TO THE INTERNET RRS feed

• Question

• Now that I activated the windows live security I cant connect live on xbox 360, what is the issue?  It says it cant find the ip address, but everythings fine on the main computer.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:41 AM

Answers

• Is the xbox connected directly to you router or are you using wireless and allowed OneCare to configure wireless security?

I assume that you are using wireless as the OneCare firewall would not impact the xbox connection.

You're going to need to configure the xbox wirelesss adapter to match the settings that OneCare configured for you:

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

Note

You must enter the SSID and network key to add a device.

To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

• Is the xbox connected directly to you router or are you using wireless and allowed OneCare to configure wireless security?

I assume that you are using wireless as the OneCare firewall would not impact the xbox connection.

You're going to need to configure the xbox wirelesss adapter to match the settings that OneCare configured for you:

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

Note

You must enter the SSID and network key to add a device.

To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:05 PM
  • Yes, my xbox360 stopped connecting to the internet when I added the wireless security to my windows live onecare package.  I have a bridge wirelessly connected to my wireless router, but its like the bridge is no longer connected to the router wirelessly.  What should I do?

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:45 AM
  • Since you configured the security for the network using OneCare, use the instruction in the answer above to get the SSID and key from within OneCare. Then follow the instructions to configure the wireless bridge that is connected to the Xbox to use the same security identified in OneCare. I'm quite sure that support can help you out if needed,

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:39 AM