Unsupported database collation detected. Cannot get past, Warning shown as Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to upgrade a CRM 3 to CRM 4 but I get an error message that I have not seen before.

" Unsupported database collation detected. "

Pressing help on the problem it says

"

Solution
    This is a warning message. Microsoft Dynamics CRM should still install successfully. However, we recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Services for help resolving this problem. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the Microsoft Help and Support Contact Us Web page.
    "

But it is not a warning ( yellow exclamation point ) message, it is an error  ( red cross ), and I cannot continue??

Is there a way to force the installation to continue, or does anyone know how to solve this problem? I know that in CRM 3 you could make a registration change and force the installation, but this does not seem to work in CRM 4.

This is a dedicated CRM upgrade server for me, and I have done 20/30 upgrades all languages and collations on it. But this one seems tricky.

CRM 3 installed just fine on this server with the databases.

When I go through the installation process I cannot choose the collation it has allready been set to "Latin1_General_CL_AL" but the database according to SQL manager is "Danish_Norwegean_CL_AS"

Can someone help me get past this Error/Warning?

Best Regards

Morten Kessel

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:48 PM

Answers

• I would recommend that you contact Microsoft support.  They should be able to help you change the database collation.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:56 PM

All replies

• I would recommend that you contact Microsoft support.  They should be able to help you change the database collation.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:56 PM
  • Hi Morten,

From your message, I can't tell whether you tried specifying the collation name in the XML Setup configuration file. Is that something you tried without success?

Thanks,

-Tim

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:47 AM
  • Hi!

Did you ever solve this?

--
    Espen
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:03 PM
  • The solution is Microsoft KB for MBS Partners in Article ID : 951140.

Or use http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325335

Если сообщение полезно, нажмите "Сообщение было информативным". Если сообщение является ответом или частью ответа на Ваш вопрос, нажмите "Пометить как ответ".
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:32 PM