Case Associated View RRS feed

• Question

• Dynamics CRM 2011

1. I create a brand new out of the box (OOTB) CRM organisation.
    2. On the Incident (Case) form there is a Customer field whose underlying OOTB schema name is customerid
    3. I create a Case named Case1 and complete the Customer field, creating a new Account e.g. BBC.
    4. I open the BBC Account. In the left-hand navigation (LHN) I see a Cases entry. I click on it and in the Case Associated View I see the Case1.

If I now edit the Incident form again and add a new field (named Contact Account) of Type Lookup pointing to Account, whenever I then choose to look at an Account I will see not one but two Cases in the LHN. The new one will "point" to the newly added field (Contact Account). I understand that these two Cases on the LNH seem to correspond to the (now) two mappings present in the relationship between Account and Incident.

But I want to show ONE Cases instance in the LHN of an Account form such that it displays all records where either Customer is set to an Account, or Contact Account is set to an Account, or both Customer and Contact Account are set to Accounts.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Maz

Maz

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:18 PM

Answers

• HI Maz,

1) LHN on any entity represents a relationship and it will display on that relationship on the form not the other LHN. So in your case it;s not possible.

2) What I suggested is to create a new subgrid for Case and display All Cases in that subgrid. As you know we can filter out subgrids using javascript. So we can write a javscript function to filter the subgrid to display only Customer and Contact Account.

Regards, Saad

• Marked as answer by MazP Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:21 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Hi Maz,

Refer this:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/magnetismsolutionscrmblog/archive/2013/01/24/filter-sub-grid-dynamics-crm-2011-rollup-12-polaris.aspx#.Uf8DYpI3Cdg

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you are adding the lookup field, i.e Account in your case, you can choose whether to show it in Account left nav or not. you can aslo edit the Account form to remove one of case navigation. As in your case both the Account lookups are in the case form on opening the respective Accounts you can the cases related to them.

check below blog for how to remove from left navigation (points 1, 2 and 3 in below blog):-

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2012/02/17/modifying-microsoft-dynamics-crm-left-navigation-on-an-individual-record/

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:40 AM
  • Thanks Prasad. But I do understand how to add/remove items from the Navigation.

What I need to know is the answer to "But I want to show ONE Cases instance in the LHN of an Account form such that it displays all records where either Customer is set to an Account, or Contact Account is set to an Account, or both Customer and Contact Account are set to Accounts."

How do I do this?

Maz

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:13 AM
  • Hi Maz,

You can create a new subgrid Cases on Account and show all Cases. You can Hide both LHN Cases on Account. 

Then you can filter your Cases based on both relationships and display only filtered Cases.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:07 AM
  • Hi Saad,

Thanks for replying. So are you saying that

1) If I want to use the LHN alone to view all "ONE Cases instance in the LHN of an Account form such that it displays all records where either Customer is set to an Account, or Contact Account is set to an Account, or both Customer and Contact Account are set to Accounts." I cannot do this?

2) Are you instead then saying that on the main body of the Account form (not the LHN) I can create one subgrid (if not how many?) and use a View (which one, an OOTB one or a new one?) that is filtered to accommodate my requirement?

Thank you

Maz

Maz

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:11 AM
  • HI Maz,

1) LHN on any entity represents a relationship and it will display on that relationship on the form not the other LHN. So in your case it;s not possible.

2) What I suggested is to create a new subgrid for Case and display All Cases in that subgrid. As you know we can filter out subgrids using javascript. So we can write a javscript function to filter the subgrid to display only Customer and Contact Account.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:16 AM
  • HI Saad,

So on the Case form I choose to Insert, Sub Grid.

I then edit the resulting dialogue as below?

I then have to, on e.g. the onLoad event of the form basically use JavaScript to use a REST endpoint to find "all records where either Customer is set to an Account, or Contact Account is set to an Account, or both Customer and Contact Account are set to Accounts" and display them in the grid?

Do you have any documentation or examples as to how to do this please?

Maz

• Edited by MazP Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Hi Maz,

Refer this:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/magnetismsolutionscrmblog/archive/2013/01/24/filter-sub-grid-dynamics-crm-2011-rollup-12-polaris.aspx#.Uf8DYpI3Cdg

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Thank you very much Saad, much appreciated.

Maz

Maz

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:22 AM