Ribbon Workbench - Changing Default Button RRS feed

• Question

• I need to change the behavior of the "Qualify" button for the lead entity. Basically, I need it to call my plugin. There are 3 places where this button can be found, i.e. Homepage, Form and SubGrid. I read the documentation but it's not quite clear to me how this needs to be done.

Ideally, I would just change the Command once and the changes will be applied to all 3 buttons. If I right-click on one of these 3 buttons I can select "Customize Command" (not customize button). From there I can navigate to "Commands"->"Mscrm.HomepageGrid.lead.Convert"->"JavaScript Command:Mscrm.List.convertLead". There I can then change FunctionName and Library.

Is this the way to do it and will this affect all 3 "Qualify" buttons in Homepage, Form and SubGrid or do I need to repeat this for all 3?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are on the right lines - well done! The button on the form uses a different command to that on the home page and grid, so you'll need to customise all of the commands and change to your custom javascript.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:25 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank. I actually tried this, i.e. I set the Display Rules and Enable Rules to "IsCore = True", removed the default "Actions" under Mscrm.HomepageGrid.lead.Convert and replaced it with my own JScript code defining the webresource and function name. However, when I tried to publish the solution Ribbon Workbench failed with

"The solution cannot be imported because the subject entity contains a Ribbon definition, which is not supported for that entity. Remove the RibbonDiffXml node from the entity definition and try to import again."

I looked at the customizations.xml file but all the <RibbonDiffXml> sections are the standard ones, i.e.

<RibbonDiffXml>
      <CustomActions/>
      <Templates>
        <RibbonTemplates Id="Mscrm.Templates"/>
      </Templates>
      <CommandDefinitions/>
      <RuleDefinitions>
        <TabDisplayRules/>
        <DisplayRules/>
        <EnableRules/>
      </RuleDefinitions>
      <LocLabels/>