Phone Support RRS feed

• General discussion

• I wish that I could figure out why companies think it is SO great to outsource technical support!  My most recent experience with tech support--which just happened to be with OneCare--was retched.  My first attempt was online, which I figured coulodn't be too bad.  But after waiting "approximately 11 seconds" which turned out to be 10 minutes, I was connected to Wally.  He greeted me, and waited there...and waited...and threatened to cut me off because I wasn't talking.  HE is the one that shoudl be asking me what is wrong.  He is the catalyst for support here, not me.  So, I started telling him what was wrong, and he apparently wasn't getting my messages, because he again threatened to cut me off for not talking, so I just left and decided to call technical support.

I called the 866 number, and was directed to a woman of US decent.  We talked about my problem for about 2 minutes, and she gave me the grave news: "this line is for premium subscribers.  I'm going to have to transfer you to another technical support (or something like that)."  Premium subscribers?!  What am I paying $50 a month for?!?!?!

So, she transferred me to Anna, a man in India or something.  I could not get it across to him what my problem was.  I kept trying to reexplain, but when he clarified my problem, it was always wrong, so I just decided to tell him that I got it taken care of so I could end out 30 minute conversation with nothing accomplished.

I wish there was some way to let big corporations know that enough is enough.  That the people who buy their products DO NOTICE how they treat them.  That bad service is just that--BAD SERVICE.  You don't know HOW relieved I was once I got a hold of that first English-speaking lady.  She was the God-send of technical support.  Only for me to find out that she was just a mirage.  Only real for people who have the money to pay for the magical oasis that is "decent tech support."
    Friday, July 4, 2008 7:33 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry for your bad experience with support. I moved your post out of the off topic folder, where you posted to.

If you have a case number for your various cases, I can have them investigated. However, I recommend that you try support again if the problem persists.There are excellent techs, there are average techs, and then there's the occasional poor experience. However, I'm particularly concerned with the original phone call and transfer that was made. If you called the support line (please don't post the number) there is no Premium support. There is support for trial users via email and for subscribers via phone, chat, and email.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:10 PM
  • I am a new subscriber and have tried to find the number for the support center and couldn't find it. Could you please tell me what the phone number is? OneCare one indicates my computer is free of viruses and spyware but I keep receiving downloads of software letting me know my computer is infected.

Thanks

Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:33 AM
  •  cayo710 wrote:

I am a new subscriber and have tried to find the number for the support center and couldn't find it. Could you please tell me what the phone number is? OneCare one indicates my computer is free of viruses and spyware but I keep receiving downloads of software letting me know my computer is infected.

Thanks

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:39 PM