Import Mini DV Video into WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Years ago I had about 10 videos from Miami, in a Tarantula induced drunken effort to sit on the curb I dropped my Mini DV Camera. It sat on the shelf for years, this week I charged it up and it no longer seems to have the issues I left Miami with. I am interested in attaching my Mini DV camera to my WHS.

I cannot install Windows Movie Maker which allows me to import the video directly off the camera. Anyone know of any software that would do this for me I can install on the WHS? I'd prefer to just take the video directly onto the WHS.

Thanks.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 1:41 AM

Answers

• I figured that was the case however like so many other programs that will work on it I was hoping for one that would. I just put my Zune software on it since its always on.  But Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by sixty4 Monday, December 14, 2009 10:21 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:11 AM

All replies

• Windows Home Server isn't designed to be used as a desktop system. Given that, you're unlikely to find any video editing software which will install on it. Your best bet will be to simply connect your camera to a desktop system, import the video there, and then move it to your server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 14, 2009 3:22 AM
  • I figured that was the case however like so many other programs that will work on it I was hoping for one that would. I just put my Zune software on it since its always on.  But Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by sixty4 Monday, December 14, 2009 10:21 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:11 AM