none
Running WHS Server Recovery 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I kept getting failing volume errors on my EX 485 so I chose to run the recovery CD.  I was unsuccessful.  This was the dialog results http://prntscr.com/7ywl . This occured while attempting recovery or reset.

Any ideas?

Sunday, April 11, 2010 12:36 AM

All replies

• Check all of the drives currently in your server for errors, starting with the system drive. Probably you'll have to remove them one by one from the server and check them on another computer.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

You keep on posting different issues that all point to a faulty hard disk - however at no point have you said that you have replaced the hard disk.  This would be the correct course of action.  You can check if the drive is still under warranty by going to the respective manufacturers site and checking the serial number with their warranty system. 

Cheers,
    Al

--
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:22 PM
  • I actually called HP for disk replacement.  I thought this was the best course of action as well at this point since warrany expires in June.  Just doesnt make any sense to do anything else.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Whatever the errors are they were (or at least seemed to be) repairable by the wizard.  However they must be serious enough in that I cannot access the server with either Restore, Recovery, or software install discs.

In so many words it says "cannot write to the primary volume."

...so we wait for another disc.

Monday, April 12, 2010 3:59 PM