CRM 2013 Lookup Fields not getting saved to database RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Form that does not save the selected values in some lookup fields.  The user can select the values via the auto-fill or lookup (frequent or full lookup), the values appear on the Form to be selected, but when the record is saved we do not always get data in all lookup fields.

I cannot force this behavior in the office but remote users on slower connections see this almost everyday.  I have developed a pre-save type of function that looks at the fields to see if there is data and I found that JavaScript will report these selected lookups as being NULL.  It is all hit and miss - sometimes 1 of 3 fail and other times it is 2 or all 3.

No platform errors ever show and none of my JavaScript Try/Catch report any issues.

Has anyone seen this before?  I am running out of things to try.

Bruce A. Jones Solutects LLC

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:29 PM

All replies

• first thing to check in this kind of scenario is whether there is any java script or plug in code running for this entity which could blank out relevant fields?

if plug in or java script code exists then try disabling that and see if this works okay, if it does then relevant code files needs to be investigated further related to this..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:59 PM
    Answerer