The path is not of a legal form - IIS 7 issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed CRM on a Windows 2008 server. Everything seemed to go as expected, except when I went to check out the site structure in the IIS. When attempting to expand the CRM website, I got the error: "The path is not of a legal form", and no subfolders were shown.

The path is set to D:\inetpub\wwwroot and if I right-click on the site, choose "Edit site"->"Browse", I do get the correct folder - it's just not available in the IIS.

This makes it impossible for me to add extra webpages, as I need to place those in inetpub\wwwroot\ISV - which I then can't see in the IIS.

I've googled, but unfortunately all I found was http://blogs.iis.net/lprete/archive/2009/05/03/iis7-the-path-is-not-of-a-legal-form.aspx which does seem to offer an explanation (although the only application without a physical path is the ScribeAdminServer, which doesn't seem to be terribly relevant here), but not a solution.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? I'd be very grateful for any and all help you could offer.

Maria

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:39 PM

Answers

• I uninstalled Scribe and reinstalled without adding it to the IIS, that seemed to do the trick. Possibly the IIS connection isn't supported for IIS 7 yet.
    • Marked as answer by Maria Elmvang Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:20 AM

All replies

• Is any other site using the default website?
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:16 PM
  • Hi Rhett,

No, just CRM. Scribe is added as an application, but not as a site.

Maria

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:05 AM
  • I uninstalled Scribe and reinstalled without adding it to the IIS, that seemed to do the trick. Possibly the IIS connection isn't supported for IIS 7 yet.
    • Marked as answer by Maria Elmvang Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:20 AM