Bulk sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to share 50 accounts to some other user. I select 50 accounts and click share, i am not able to share all these accounts. Its sharing just one from these 50 Accounts.
    Please help.

Regards,

Dharmu.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 9:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Dharmu,

I just tested sharing multiple accounts with another user and it is working correctly in 4.0 with SP2 applied.

Are all the accounts owned by you? (it's not necessary for them to be owned by you in order to re-share them, but that could help identify a pattern as to why one was re-shared and others were not.)

Check the security for the accounts that did not get shared with the other user, it's possible that you have rights to see/edit those accounts, but not to re-share them. (that would be the easiest thing to fix/resolve.)

One test might by try sharing just one of the other 49 records and see if it shares correctly - If that works - try sharing 2 at a time - once you find the pattern for failure, enable tracing at the server to see if an error there is thrown and if that error is helpful in identifying the cause.

Scott
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Monday, March 23, 2009 12:21 PM