none
TechNET downloaded .iso briefings won't seem to play in Win7x64, IE9, Domain RRS feed

Answers

• Ok, here's the solution.

• Copy the contents of the CD to your local PC
      • Open the file called ms.js (using a text editor)
      • Make the following changes (Search for \"JScript\")
      • Uncomment line 316: obstr += "<script language=\"JScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 317: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 318: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"OpenStateChange(NewState)\">wait_load(NewState);<\/script>";
      • Uncomment line 379: obstr += "<script language=\"JScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 380: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 381: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"OpenStateChange(NewState)\">wait_load(NewState);<\/script>";
      • Save the changes and close the file
      • Launch index.htm

There's also a file called msf.js with the same lines however it's not called on my system.  If the above doesn't work, try modifying this file as well.

Enjoy :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:59 AM

All replies

• Just out of curiosity but did you mail technet support on this issue yet? I had some issues once and their support team was very willing in helping to solve any issues i had.

Maurice

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Can you please provide the download link

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Can you please provide the download link

Jeff Wharton

Don't worry, found it :-)

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:28 PM
  • Just an update.

I loaded the content in Visual Studio and stepped through the script code which pops-up the Windows Media Player window.  I then took this code and placed it in a htm file and when I double-clicked on the file, I got audio but no video (not sure if this is correct as I've never watched one of these briefings before).  Anyway, this proves that the issue appears to lie within the code/application used to launch the briefing (the application returns error C00D11B1 - Windows Media Player can't play the file).  Will keep investigating :-)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:43 AM
  • Ok, here's the solution.

• Copy the contents of the CD to your local PC
      • Open the file called ms.js (using a text editor)
      • Make the following changes (Search for \"JScript\")
      • Uncomment line 316: obstr += "<script language=\"JScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 317: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 318: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"OpenStateChange(NewState)\">wait_load(NewState);<\/script>";
      • Uncomment line 379: obstr += "<script language=\"JScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 380: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"ScriptCommand(scType, Param)\">ms9sync(scType, Param);<\/script>";
      • Comment out line 381: //obstr += "<script language=\"JavaScript\" for=\"MediaPlayer\" event=\"OpenStateChange(NewState)\">wait_load(NewState);<\/script>";
      • Save the changes and close the file
      • Launch index.htm

There's also a file called msf.js with the same lines however it's not called on my system.  If the above doesn't work, try modifying this file as well.

Enjoy :-)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Wow Jeff that's what i call dedication. Applause here...

Maurice

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:52 PM
  • You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you!
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:18 PM