locked
Quick campaign "Pending Send" CRM 4.0 RRS feed

  • Question

  • We just did a quick campaign email and for some reason it won't go this time.   All of the messages are stuck on "Pending Send"

    What does this usually mean?  I have even tried rebooting the server to see if they will go.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

  • All the settings are fine. It was the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file getting corrupt again.  This seems to happen quite frequently for us. I just installed Rollup 6 so we'll hope this resolves it.

    Sunday, November 8, 2009 3:26 PM

All replies

  • I'd be looking at the email router settings to make sure these are configured ok as a first port of call.

    Leon Tribe

    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

    or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:42 PM
  • Not sure how long they have been in that status, but if it has not been long, wait about 15 minutes and check again.  E-mails are sent in batches.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:56 PM
  • All the settings are fine. It was the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file getting corrupt again.  This seems to happen quite frequently for us. I just installed Rollup 6 so we'll hope this resolves it.

    Sunday, November 8, 2009 3:26 PM
  • I have the same problem after installing Rollup 7. Ever since my microsoft.crm.tools.emailagent.exe process has been leaking memory like a sieve. So far, MS has no idea why it's happening. At one point, he wanted to look at my systemstate XML file and he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He pulled some event logs and asked for time to research them.

    What's going on?
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:49 PM
    • Proposed as answer by VarunKumar17 Friday, November 13, 2009 5:21 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 5:16 AM
  • What worked for me was to rename/delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service\Microsoft.Crm.EmailAgent.xml file and restarting the e-mail router.

    There are many different sources for this type of error, but for my client this worked. Other steps I was going to try were:

    Restarting the async service was the first thing I did.

     

    Some other steps are:

     

    1. viewing the server logs

    2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service - Find the file: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml, then Rename or delete the file. Then start the CRM Email Router Service.

    3. installing update rollup 8 newly out which addresses a similar issue with "Pending Send"

    4. enabling tracing for both the CRM platform as well as the e-mail router specifically via http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/07/02/crm-4-0-e-mail-connector-logger-tool.aspx

    5. inspecting the async tables in CRM and possibly clearing them out using a published query from microsoft


    MMayo
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:33 PM
  • Correction: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml is the correct file. You will not want to delete or rename the EmailAgent.xml file! <sorry>
    MMayo
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:37 PM
  • Correction: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml is the file you want to rename/delete. You will not want to delete or rename the EmailAgent.xml file as the router will have problems. <sorry>
    MMayo
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:37 PM