Formal repository for add-ins?? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there going to be a formal place set up to put add-ins so that people will have an easy time finding them? Writing a post in a forum is fine for the beta stage, but the average guy isn't going to do this when the product goes live. How will he discover the add-ins that are available?
    Monday, June 18, 2007 2:16 AM

All replies

• It seems most people are just posting add-ins to their blogs, but you have a good idea there.

Microsoft should create a website with a list of all submitted add-ins that could either link to the blogs where the add-ins are kept or you could upload them to this website.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 6:38 PM
  • At CES one of the WHS team members told me that Add-Ins would be hosted on Windows Live gallery (or similar) - BUT please do not take this as an official response, I am just passing along what I was told.

I own WHSApps.com, and will probably start maintaining a list there at some point too (in my copious free time :-) ).
    Monday, June 18, 2007 7:24 PM
  • ... a bit like this one!

http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/whs-add-ins/

I'm sure an official Live Gallery will turn up at some point.... for now, I'm trying to do the detective work up front here in the forums and outside to help people with a concise list of add-ins. As ever, if anyone spots something that's missing, let me know!

All the best

Terry 

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:24 PM
  • Nice Site Terry! Subscribed!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:42 PM
  • Nice plug in, Ed! Consider the favour returned

Good to have you on board,

Terry

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:07 AM