OneCare and nVidia Network Manager do not place nice RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

nVidia has released its Network Manager drivers for Vista with its WHQL package for the 680i SLi chipset. This enables network priority settings (i.e. online games, etc.) and also teamed connections (i.e. two ethernet ports combined as one for increased bandwidth).

I am almost certain the problem lies with nVidia since it is a newly released feature for their 64 bit driver sets, but I thought it should be known that OneCare absolutely freaks out if a user has the Network Manager installed on his or her computer. It will constantly throw up dialogue boxes and balloons warning the user of this and that.

I know developers depend on details for bug reports, but I do not have the system in front of me at the moment. I will reply with further details once I return home this evening.

I have since uninstalled Network Manager and everything is back to normal. This would be associated with the new 15.08 chipset drivers for 64 bit Vista, 680i SLi platform. Specs below:

Intel QX6700 Quad Core Extreme 2.66Ghz

4GB DDR2 800 Dual Channel Corsair XMS RAM (4-4-4-12)

500GB Hitachi DeskStar SATA II 7,200rpm

8800 eVGA GTX 768mb PCI-E

eVGA 680i SLi motherboard

Samsung SATA interface DVD Burner

Agiea PhysX PCI physics processing unit

Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Fatal1ty Pro Series

620W Corsair Power Supply, Modular

Keep up the good work - I love OneCare so far!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:12 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the report. Several other reports of this have been posted here to the forums recently, too. Filing a bug would be great.

-steve

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:42 AM
  •  

Hi Stephen,

Apologies for not finding the other post(s) before making this new one. I guess I didn't comb through the search results well enough. I'll be sure to find the bug report feature and submit my findings there.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:02 PM
  • No need to apologize. Search isn't perfect and we have loads of repeat topics. I don't recall if the previous reports of the problem were buried in another topic, so your post makes it easier to find. :-)

-steve

Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:54 PM