none
Spam received through Live Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I posted yesterday in this thread, and asked to be notified if someone responded. Someone responded today, and I got the usual Live Alert notification, but also 21 more Live Alerts with the following (bogus) message (I removed user name and the link in there, but I can send you a copy of the original message) :

Another user, (name removed), has replied to a thread you have subscribed to in the Windows Azure Forum.

Thread Title Minimum Hosting Price??
    Started by: (name removed)
    Reply:

Hi Friends I'm Creat A New Web Site is free unlimited Software

Download any Software Get My W eb Site AT: (link removed)

The Microsoft Developer Network
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:26 PM

Answers

• I looked at the thread you've mentioned and someone <name removed> did posted spam replies in the thread. This is the reason why you gotten notifications for that user. The user then deleted those replies, thus, not showing up in the thread.

Please send a message to: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1432&ws=Forums-Tech indicating that someone has posted spam replies to that thread. This way, our support team can delete the spam from that user that could affect other threads.

THank you.

Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Stephane GUNET Monday, September 14, 2009 8:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:28 PM

All replies

• Yes, spammers are good at targeting specific threads.  Looks like a moderator already deleted the posts.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:26 PM
  • I looked at the thread you've mentioned and someone <name removed> did posted spam replies in the thread. This is the reason why you gotten notifications for that user. The user then deleted those replies, thus, not showing up in the thread.

Please send a message to: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1432&ws=Forums-Tech indicating that someone has posted spam replies to that thread. This way, our support team can delete the spam from that user that could affect other threads.

THank you.

Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Stephane GUNET Monday, September 14, 2009 8:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:28 PM