Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online as HelpDesk ticketing system RRS feed

• Question

• Dear CRM Engineer mates,

As a Microsoft partner company, we have internal usage rights CRM Online licenses. Based on this, we are planning to implement CRM just for building a helpdesk ticketing system for our usage. Please forgive me, but I am absulutely beginner with CRM, so I wrote some questions, maybe you can help me about if this CRM Online is capable of hosting the following features?

• We have ~10-15 agents and 5-8 companies to be supported by the "helpdesk system"
    • We would like the agents to see the cases in all of the companies, but the cases should be identified as which company is it connected to
    • We would like to have custom states for the cases (ex.: "Engineers are working on it", "HelpDesk is working on it", "Waiting for customer response" and it is really important to identify every agent and action which is made on a ticket (for example: someone closed it or posted internal/external note to the customer)
    • It would be important for the end customers to be able to create tickets (for example: through sending an e-mail to a specific destination or open a case at an online portal). Unfortunately this would be the primary surface for customers to open tickets, so it is not good if we need to open them

Can you please look at my questions and maybe you have much more deep sight on this software, to be able to decide if we can make this helpdesk system with it, or unfortunately it is not capable of doing it.

Thank you really much for your help!

Best Regards,

Christian

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:43 PM

Answers

• You really need to engage with a local Dynamics CRM consultant to help you implement this.

Anyway to answer some of your points:

- CRM Online can support any number of agents but you need to check the number of licenses you get as part of your IUR.

- You can choose which company to associate a case with

- You can add custom states

- CRM does not provide an online portal in the core product though the ADXStudio portals solution will be offered as an add-on. However, email to case functionality is part of core CRM.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:37 PM

All replies

• You really need to engage with a local Dynamics CRM consultant to help you implement this.

Anyway to answer some of your points:

- CRM Online can support any number of agents but you need to check the number of licenses you get as part of your IUR.

- You can choose which company to associate a case with

- You can add custom states

- CRM does not provide an online portal in the core product though the ADXStudio portals solution will be offered as an add-on. However, email to case functionality is part of core CRM.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

You can use this service http://web2case.com to give your customers ability to create case from your portal. I didn't find any one else provide web to case solution for free.

• Edited by MWC person Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:57 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 9:00 PM