none
system desing RRS feed

• Question

•  wt is system desing . Is it compulsory to send the screen shots with the design document.if any one had completed the design document please forward it to me.

Friday, March 16, 2007 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hey swapna

none will send you his plan and design becuse that is what will entitle him to win ..

So as far as design is concerned , use the template provided
    and screenshots are not cumpolsory for design .. Yes if , you have some rough layout of USer Interfaces , yo ucan include them.

I hope that answers you r prob . Rest you can ask in my thread.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Refer to

The Unified Modeling Language User Guide

Grady Booch
    James Rumbaugh
    Ivar Jacobson
    Chapter 31 .

u can download the chm file from the internet if u dont have the book.

There ul see a system-subsystem diagram...it basically displays the main System and its child systems. For example for ur shopping cart system the login feature is a subsystem to shopping cart system. get the point?

Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:16 AM
  • Systems design is the process or art of defining the hardware and software architecture, components, modules, interfaces, and data for a computer system to satisfy specified requirements. One could see it as the application of systems theory to computing. Some overlap with the discipline of systems analysis appears inevitable.

Prior to the standardization of hardware and software in the 1990s which resulted in the ability to build modular systems, systems design had a more crucial and respected role in the data processing industry. The increasing importance of software running on generic platforms has enhanced the discipline of software engineering at the expense of systems design.

Object-oriented analysis and design methods are becoming the most widely used methods for system design. The UML has become the standard language used in Object-oriented analysis and design. It is widely used for modeling software systems and is increasingly used for designing non-software systems and organizations.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:12 AM