none
Disable listing hidden files on remote access web interface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I bought a HP media smart and every thing is great for WHS. But there is one question about remote accessing.

When my friends remotely access my WHS, the web interface lists all the files that contained in a folder(including hidden files), it's kind of annoying. My Mac just keep creating files leading with a dot(.) and I do not want these to appear. Is it possible that we can turn this off(do not list hidden files on web interface)?

Thank you!

Saturday, December 6, 2008 8:32 PM

All replies

• mikee5square said:

Hi,

I bought a HP media smart and every thing is great for WHS. But there is one question about remote accessing.

When my friends remotely access my WHS, the web interface lists all the files that contained in a folder(including hidden files), it's kind of annoying. My Mac just keep creating files leading with a dot(.) and I do not want these to appear. Is it possible that we can turn this off(do not list hidden files on web interface)?

Thank you!

No.  However, that is a good suggestion.  You might want to post a suggestion for that on Connect.
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 8:44 PM

• Hi, 
    since Windows Home Server does not support the use of NTFS attributes on content of shared folders, it may be well the case, that the real files are not hidden.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:28 PM
  • See e.g. this product suggestion on Connect.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:10 PM