CRM 2011 & Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

One of our users was updated to Windows 8.1 last week – this gave her of course Internet Explorer 11. The result was that when she accessed our CRM system (on premise, latest UR applied), she was directed to the mobile site.

I’ve found the work around at http://nzregs.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/accessing-crm-2011-in-internet-explorer-11-windows-8-1/ which worked fine until today – now the browser refreshes the ADFS server 6 times in 1 second and returned an error message. The only information I get is from the ADFS is below.

But my main question here is: Are there any official statement from Microsoft as to when / what will be supported in regards to CRM 2011 and IE11? I have not found anything updated. I need to talk to our IT operations and convince them to enforce WSUS blocking on the update until we have a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Br Nicolai

PS! Just found http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/43d9051f-af3e-454f-99f1-45a3cdfd3872/error-msis7042 which has a possible solution to the ADFS loop, will try that on Friday. But still need some official statement :)

Log Name:      AD FS/Admin
    Source:        AD FS
    Date:          25-09-2013 14:17:00
    Event ID:      364
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      AD FS
    User:          NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer:      ADFS01
    Description:
    Encountered error during federation passive request. 

Additional Data 

Exception details: 
    Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.InvalidRequestException: MSIS7042: The same client browser session has made '6' requests in the last '1' seconds. Contact your administrator for details.
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.FederationPassiveAuthentication.UpdateLoopDetectionCookie()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.FederationPassiveAuthentication.SendSignInResponse(MSISSignInResponse response)

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="AD FS" Guid="{2FFB687A-1571-4ACE-8550-47AB5CCAE2BC}" />
        <EventID>364</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x8000000000000001</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-25T12:17:00.743754300Z" />
        <EventRecordID>2412</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation ActivityID="{D9D3DCCC-34EB-4CC3-9E1E-FE94DBBFF42C}" />
        <Execution ProcessID="3368" ThreadID="4256" />
        <Channel>AD FS/Admin</Channel>
        <Computer>ADFS01</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-20" />
      </System>
      <UserData>
        <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ActiveDirectoryFederationServices/2.0/Events">
          <EventData>
            <Data>Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.InvalidRequestException: MSIS7042: The same client browser session has made '6' requests in the last '1' seconds. Contact your administrator for details.
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.FederationPassiveAuthentication.UpdateLoopDetectionCookie()
       at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.FederationPassiveAuthentication.SendSignInResponse(MSISSignInResponse response)

</Data>
          </EventData>
        </Event>
      </UserData>
    </Event>

Best regards
    Nicolai W Hjorth
    --
    Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:40 PM

Answers

• Internet Explorer 11 is not yet supported by the CRM product group. At this time I thought it was only available to Microsoft partners through MSDN and TechNet, and not generally available. It normally takes the product group a couple of months to test a new version of IE and release a new update rollup. In the meantime, you might want to consider Firefox or Chrome.

If you would like an official statement, please contact Microsoft and raise a support request. Or try posting your question on the CRM Community forum where Microsoft support engineers tend to respond more than this MSDN CRM Forum. https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117.aspx

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:42 PM
  • RU17 for CRM 2011 adds support for IE11

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915687

• Proposed as answer by nzdude Monday, May 12, 2014 7:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicolai W Hjorth Monday, May 12, 2014 8:12 AM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 7:25 AM

All replies

• Internet Explorer 11 is not yet supported by the CRM product group. At this time I thought it was only available to Microsoft partners through MSDN and TechNet, and not generally available. It normally takes the product group a couple of months to test a new version of IE and release a new update rollup. In the meantime, you might want to consider Firefox or Chrome.

If you would like an official statement, please contact Microsoft and raise a support request. Or try posting your question on the CRM Community forum where Microsoft support engineers tend to respond more than this MSDN CRM Forum. https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117.aspx

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:42 PM
  • I found a workaround and it worked well. I hope It could help you:

Use the IE Developer Tools to set the browser mode to IE10.
    1. Browse to your CRM URL
    2. Hit F12 key
    3. Select the “Emulation” settings
    4. Set the “User agent string” to “Internet Explorer 10″
    5. Browse back to the CRM URL
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:35 PM
  • The easiest way of fixing it is adding the domain to the compatibility list in CRM or however absurd it sounds using another browser, like Chrome.

I'm having another related problem. Online (after adding to compatibility view list) everything works fine. But I'm having problems with the Outlook client in offline mode. Trying to open any entity form or other popup results in an error message. It works fine when Outlook is online. 

Does anyone know a solution to this? It's less than 2 weeks before Windows 8.1 release date...

Łukasz

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:30 PM
  • It turns out that our internal IT have not yet read
    and signed for our QMS so without any risk assessment, he downloaded the 8.1
    from MSDN and installed (still using the legal 8.0 code belonging to the
    computer). Our QA department has been informed and taking corrective actions on
    this part ;)

It has been solved by accessing the site on the
    /main.aspx URL to avoid it jumping to the mobile site, but a few things behave
    odd.

Using Chrome reportedly some minor things does not
    work (like opening the case when converting incoming e-mail to case) something this
    one person does a lot.

Anyway I have informed our users that we cannot
    support IE 11 for the time being.

Thank you for your comments.

Best regards
    Nicolai W Hjorth, MCTS
    --
    Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Can someone test this and report back?

IE11 Enterprise Mode

Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:28 AM
  • RU17 for CRM 2011 adds support for IE11

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915687

• Proposed as answer by nzdude Monday, May 12, 2014 7:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicolai W Hjorth Monday, May 12, 2014 8:12 AM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 7:25 AM
  • Thanks nzdude - I had not yet seen that UR17 was out.

For those stuck on earlier updates, setting IE11 to Compatibility Mode works as well (but this means the entire domain will run in compatibility mode).

Br
    Nicolai

-- Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:15 AM